Search results

1. S

roller chain

I'm more concerned with durability. Our toys top out right now at just under 40. If I go a mph or 2 slower, so be it. We run quad and dirtbike trails. Sometimes the mud is 8 inches deep. There are always sticks and twigs getting hung up in the chain. During the wet season, that just ended, we...
  2. S

roller chain

yeah I found that out locally from a bike guru who also happens to own the hardware store where I have been buying the crappy chinese chain. I plan on ordering some American made 420 in the near future.
  3. S

hydraulic brakes

I used the mityvac, wouldn't do it. I ended up borrowing a syringe from a friend and pushing the fluid backwards from the bleeder, to the mater cyl. That got the air out. Nothing else would!
  4. S

roller chain

thats got to be my problem. My chains stretch and stretch. I'll have to get some bettter quality chain. And make sure it isn't chinese.:thumbsup:
  5. S

roller chain

I'm tired of stretched chains, broken master links, and making new chains every few weeks. I run #40 most of the time or 41 when I can't get 40 locally. I've read before that 420 is the way to go, but looking up the specs, it doesn't look stronger on paper. Again, thats on paper. Maybe it wears...
  6. S

junkyard (sorta) ATV

I took care of that brake problem. I went to the scrap yard and picked up an entire suzuki gt380. I put the hydraulic front brakes off of that on the rear of the quad. Stops great now! If Austin ever parks it I'll get pics of the setup.
  7. S

winter fun go kartin!!

lol, its stupid fast, I do mean stupit fast. When the honda dingo machine runs right, which isn't often, it must do 60. Way too fast for those front wheels and mickey mouse steering. But it is a blast! Trails well too, but has a HUGE turning radius. Thank god it has reverse. I put the...
  8. S

winter fun go kartin!!

I was going thru my pics and found these of my son Austin and I riding this past winter. His kart started as a basic cheap live axle kart, no cage, no suspension...etc. I got it sans engine. I built the cage, a swingarm, put a 6.5 honda clone (electic start) and a tav2 on it. It's a fun ride...
  9. S

skokryders doodle bug

nice! I built a similar mini for my son, 6.5 clone ,tav2, still governed though. The 1st time I jumped on it, the front wheel was over my head. It's crazy. Nice work!
  10. S

Another TAV question

trim away the interfering rib I've done this 3 times now. It's easy. 1st as stated you must raise the engine. 2nd you need to trim down the interfearing rib. I used a right angle cut off wheel, but any grinder would work. We have been running these with these mods for 2 years now (even some...
  11. S

junkyard (sorta) ATV

very nice Vinny. I now have 2 Yamaha 3 wheeler frames. One of them is destined to be a fat tired minibike, tav2 , and a 6.5 clone modded, the other a three wheeler, live axle, tav2, probably another clone engine, although, it maay get an 8 horse briggs one of my buddys has (if I can trade it out...
  12. S

junkyard (sorta) ATV

yeah, 15 years ago when we named him, we only knew of one other Austin, then it got popular...oh well. I leave the pics small so the unfortunate folks with dialup don't have to wait forever for them to download. I went to the scrap yard this morning. Grabbed another 3 wheeler frame...
  13. S

junkyard (sorta) ATV

no kidding!! If I could I'd be there every day to make sure I didn't miss anything that I "need". A grandfather and his grandson beat me t oa live axle go kart a few weeks ago. $20 is all they paid. I saw him the next week, and they put a carb and a chain on it and his grandson was riding it. I...
  14. S

junkyard (sorta) ATV

thanks this is just a regular scrap yard, that happens to have a regular supply of atv, atc, and go karts thrown out. My guess is there is a dealer nearby that parts them out then scraps the frames. I also picked up a Yamaha atc frame with swingarm, another atv frame, misc atv frame and...
  15. S

junkyard (sorta) ATV

this has been what has occupied all my spare time for the last week and a 1/2. I picked up this Kawasaki Bayou frame at a local junkyard for $28. The live axle, rear tires and electric start 6.5 clone are off of my sons go kart(He wanted an ATV more than a kart). The front tires were off a junk...
  16. S

hydraulic brakes

I used to have one of those a "mityvac" as I recall. It must have burned up in the garage fire 20 years ago, cause I haven't seen it in forever. I bet one of my buddys has one I can borrow
  17. S

hydraulic brakes

I picked up one of these ATV Scooter Go Kart Dirt Bike Hydraulic Brake Setup - eBay (item 300220616576 end time May-06-08 07:57:17 PDT) For a quad project my son and I are building. It's a klf185 frame with a 6.5 honda clone and a live axle (I know pics) . My problem is I can't bleed this...
  18. S

Transaxle trike

thats cool. I've been thinking of doing something like that. If you put a smaller pulley on the transaxle, that trike will go faster. Large pulley on the engine, small on the transaxle.....the basic hot rod lawnmower trick. Cool ride
  19. S

6hp Briggs question...

you could use something like this eBay. Ive got one on a snowblower and it works great. A simple conversion kit to elimiate the points.