Search results

1. Z

budget micro kart build

Had a little test drive today! its not finished but couldn't resist, got a little understeer but its got too much toe in atm need to adjust, great fun handles better than i ever expected so far GO PIT KART (NOT FINISHED) - YouTube
  2. Z

budget micro kart build

update Got the engine running at last, It hadnt ran since 2009! had some fuel pump problems at first (diaphragm cracking) but bought a genuine one which sorted it and working a treat now, still got lots of small things to do.. So far i've been mocking up parts which "just do the job" and...
  3. Z

budget micro kart build

Thanks guys will add more pics as progress follows and will definitely get some videos eventually!
  4. Z

budget micro kart build

Hi guys thought id share where my micro build is at so far! The plan was to make the smallest go kart possible whilst keeping it simple and using cheap second hand parts.. Using a lifan 110 at the moment but really need something electri start! The frame is similar to a bierkiste (beercrate)...
  5. Z

wanting to build a bar stool/beer crate racer type go kart, help needed..

Thanks, this is what i was wondering but do axles have the woodruff key cut the whole length? the ones i've seen are only cut where its needed but if i chop the axle to length then the keys wont be inline where i need them? sorry for nooby questions..
  6. Z

wanting to build a bar stool/beer crate racer type go kart, help needed..

Hi guys, recently been thinking about building something up over winter, got an old 125 pit bike engine which id like to make use off, wanting this to be a bit of a budget build sourcing second hand parts if possible.. I can make most parts only thing that's stumping me a bit is the rear...