Search results

1. R

Pulsajet idle circuit tuning?

Thanks Teach for the link and efforts to post the techniques. I have done the rebuild of both carbs I tried using those techniques and the results were what I posted above. I assume the overall health of this engine and the wear on the throttle shaft are the culprits. I'll just put up with it...
  2. R

I am sure you are correct about the shafts, they are decades old. Is there any success sealing them or is carb replacement the only out?
  3. R

The only air leak I could find was around the throttle shaft. I guess that might be leaning the idle out. The idle passage was clear, I set the screw a little rich at high speed and will just have to choke it to start up. Maybe the compression is low the engine doesn't seem to smoke and the...
  4. R

The 2 carbs that I have tried were OEM off old engines. The 1st had a warped carb to tank surface so I thought I would try the one that is on now. I cleaned it up and checked all passages, replaced the diaphragm, seat and needle. All surfaces are flat with new gaskets. I will check for air...
  5. R

The engine is stock I believe. The muffler looks stock to me but it is not the hot dog style. The air filter is a briggs but I don't know if it is correct. The gaskets are new and the surfaces are flat. I'll try to attach a photo.
  6. R

Short time lurker, 1st time poster. I'm fooling around with a flat head on a Baja frame. After some research it seems the problem I am experiencing may be common with the pulsajet. The engine I believe is a 3hp, I have replaced the carb with a known 4hp as the original was worn at the...