Search results

1. J

Sat on my First Minibike...and Surprised in Several Ways

A local Tractor Supply has a Coleman CT200u-EX on display, so I stopped by and took a look and actually sit on a mini bike before making the decision to get into the hobby or not. Two things surprised me about that bike. First, it was actually pretty comfortable. Of course, stationary on...
  2. J

Noob Question about MB200 Ergonomics

With other recreational vehicles I've used, I have preferred to stand up much of the time, particularly in technical sections. How practical is that on an MB200? The newer MB200-2 has two sets of foot pegs, so foot placement probably wouldn't be a problem, but the handlebar position relative to...
  3. J

Seriously, How Bad Are the Drum Brakes?

I don't (yet) own a mini bike, but I'm doing my research, and brakes are a frustrating topic for me. On one hand, everyone seems to loathe drum brakes. On the other hand, even though most minis have them, everyone loves their minis, so...I'm confused. Are they really as bad as everyone says, or...
  4. J

Question About 196cc DOHV TAV Setups

I'm thinking of getting a mini bike to do some riding with friends with quads. My biggest concern is how well this engine handles hills. I'm talking moderate inclines at best, no insane dirt bike hill climbs. I'm not a speed demon, and prefer technical crawling. Do you guys think engines like...