Search results

1. TadNugent

The un-chopper Baja

Well I've had the bike "complete" for a couple weeks now. Friday took it out to Uwharrie, and rode for about 3-4 hours. Covered rocky mountain loop twice, up and down wolf den and falls dam, ran the half of dicky bell that's dirt bike friendly (I know most of you aren't familiar with these...
  2. TadNugent

Baja heat

Gota love big ol' knoby tires, that thing will be a blast to ride. looks hot too!
  3. TadNugent

The un-chopper Baja

This is the sub frame for the suspension seat. It is made of 1" .0625" round tube and 1x2" .0625 rectangular tubing. This is the initial mock-up. I will need to lower the back of the seat some, however the bike is quite comfortable. The seat is just tack welded for now. I'm just using some...
  4. TadNugent

The un-chopper Baja

Well it's been an interesting couple weeks. I picked up a baja warrior with a basket case engine, and had no real plan for it. I Had a predator and a tav 30 so I put them on there. Also fixed the broken fork stops, brakes, and locktited everything. Road it around the back yard some, dumped it...
  5. TadNugent

Advice on frame modification

Thanks to all for your insight. I'm definitely going to add a suspension seat. I've looked more closely at the head tube/down tube juncture, mine is intact. But that area looks sketchy. So I'll weld some gussets in there. I'll have some fab time this weekend, I'll post pictures if I actually...
  6. TadNugent

Wow... seeing all that, maybe I shouldn't mess with this thing after all. A crack like that is caused by low quality steel.
  7. TadNugent

Excellent idea
  8. TadNugent

At frist that was my plan.... Just chop of the seat brackets.. make longer ones. When I placed the boards in there and could actually see the distance the seat would be off the frame. I just thought it would look bad. Perhaps I could weld a temporary bracket/ sub frame on there just to test it...
  9. TadNugent

So I got this Baja Warrior on Friday, swaped in a Predator and Tav30. Greased and loctited everything. Runs great....Lot of fun. But I would like the seat to be about as high as shown in the picture. Notice the boards stacked beneath the seat. My plan is to chop the top tube, seat tube, and seat...
  10. TadNugent

What fallowed me home today?

Here's a better picture of the frame. Seems like galvanized pipe. The drop outs must be hand made. The rear axel is 3/4". wheels are 8"
  11. TadNugent

What fallowed me home today?

I don't see one like it in the pictures. Any guesses?