Search results

1. C

Belt help

Ok, I got the torque converter mounted and put new bearings on the jack shaft. My belt looks like it will actually drag on the frame. I'm wondering if the original engine had a crank centerline that was higher. So, I think I will try to shim the engine up a bit to see if that will help.
  2. C

Tire question

I bought some new tubes and tires for my old mini bike. This has the split rims. What should my tire pressures be? The tire size is 4.10/3.50-6.
  3. C

Belt help

Ha ha. I get the feeling that is sarcasm. That’s ok. I don’t pretend to know anything about this stuff.
  4. C

Belt help

Next fun task is putting new bearings on my jack shaft which has an OLD comet driven pulley. It looks like it may be broken. There are 2 holes that may have been rivets? Anyway, the back 1/2 of the pulley can spin. Good, bad, normal?
  5. C

Belt help

Ok, I think I’ve wrapped my head around this. How do you go about measuring the belt length? So, the driven pulley is original to the bike. How freely should this spin? Like a freewheeling pulley? Mine turns, but doesn’t spin freely. ETA: Pulled the shaft and the bearings are shot there too...
  6. C

Belt help

I’ve been googling the crap out of this. So the engine would have had some sort of pulley that drove a belt to that jack shaft, but I don’t understand what would keep the belt tight?
  7. C

Belt help

12 teeth.
  8. C

Belt help

Ok cool! Looking at my set up, I don’t know how that will work. Hope you all can help me figure this out. I’ve never messed around with something like this before.
  9. C

Belt help

So, I’ve been slowly working away to get this mini bike together. Got the engine sitting on it and trying to figure out how this all works with the “jack shaft?”. I have a pulley on the predator engine and can line it up with the shaft pulley. Mine does not appear to have a tensioner. How does...
  10. C

Mini bike tires

I'm working on this old '70's (I think), mini bike. No engine, missing parts, etc. I have a Predator to bolt on. I figured I should get some tires so it can roll around. While I figure it all out. It has some aluminum split rims with 4.10/3.50-6 tires and innertubes. This will be used to putt...
  11. C

New find

Thanks for the info. I’m just looking to order an accelerator cable and a bunch of parts to get this going. Do you have a place you recommend? Also, what is the best way to determine length?
  12. C

New find

Sorry, I thought I had a pic posted.
  13. C

New find

My dad just dropped this off. He picked it up like this, and has had it in this condition for decades. He thinks it’s a ‘70’s Montgomery Wards. He also gave me a predator engine new in box. Any info would be cool, thanks.