Search results

1. M

Chain Tensioner

Hi there, Any ideas on a chain tensioner for a doodlebug? Did the stock one have a spring? If not, how does it tighten the chain when needed? Maybe it didn't? I'm wondering what people are using out there. Thank you! -Bill
  2. M

Doodlebug sprocket

Hi there, I'm curious what kind of sprocket setups are being used. We're trying to use a split sprocket with 62 teeth and a 35 chain. We're having trouble getting it to work very smoothly. Any input would be appreciated.
  3. M

Doodlebug Wheels

I recently purschased a wheel for my son's doodlebug from Coleman but the wheel has issues. Are there other wheels out there to buy that will work as a rear wheel for a doodlebug?
  4. M

Rear Wheel Spacers for Doodle Bug

Hi there, I have an old doodle bug frame and I recently bought a rear wheel for it. The spacers that came with it from Coleman are too big. Any advice on how to get the correct spacers? For example, should I buy a rear brake first to see the space needed for it to fit the caliper? Thank you!
  5. M

Rear Axle and such

Hi there, How do I go from having a doodle bug frame with only a front wheel to having a rear axle, wheel with chain ring and brake rotor? Thanks!
  6. M

Clueless in Seattle (area)

Hi there, My son recently came home with a doodlebug frame with one wheel, an engine and some random parts. For those of you who have restored old mini bikes, where would you begin? The more details, the better. :-) Thank you!!
  7. M

New to this site and mini bikes

Hi there, I just found this site and I'm hoping I can get guidance and advice. My son recently came home with mini bike parts. I think it's a doodlebug but I'm not sure. I'm not a mechanic by any means. I really have no idea where to start. For one thing, there is no rear wheel. Where can...