Search results

1. markus

HS50 small bore/large exhaust valve block needing bored wanted…cheap

It was part number 36469 (not revised 36469A) if anyone has a bare block that maybe you swapped out due to maybe a worn bore I would be interested. It’s for a project, I would hate to bore a brand new block would be a waste. Does have to be the large exhaust valve and has to be the smaller...
  2. markus

NOS Tecumseh Lighted flywheel 1971-1980 HS50 (some HS40) 33660

NOS Tecumseh Lighted flywheel 1971-1980 HS50 (square shroud HS40 as well '74-80) 33660. New in the box never mounted or installed, All magnets have equal strong pull. There is one chip on a fin (see pics), Its small enough that its not an issue but there fins on these are in fact replaceable...
  3. markus

HS40 February! Tear downs begin

Fingers crossed for decent internals
  4. markus

This months engines builds…..early Rupps

Started this year with a very late 1967 lighted H35 from a Rupp continental Electra, as well as a very early 1968 H50 off a 1968 Rupp tt500. Both came out pretty decent after full internal rebuilds and external restoration. Run videos can be found at my youtube...
  5. markus

HS50 New old stock crankless short block #2

#2 This is an earlier Large piston HS50, Still universal block (can be used for both points or electronic ignition and early or late crank), but used the larger early offset pin piston and larger exhaust valve. This is a crankless short block, so it comes with everything internal Cam, lifters...
  6. markus

New old Stock HS50 block and parts #1

#1 HS50 NOS block with Piston/rings, Valves and springs and crank seal. This is the later version block (they ARE universal and what was superceed to throughout the years so all the 1971-84 parts cross and what you would get if your ordered a replacement in later years). Offering it with the...
  7. markus

Snuck this in the house

Had posted when this came in in the Advertizing pieces thread….rolled it in the house since there is no room in the garage for it. Will be looking for a more appropriate sign for the top…and yes eventually some Briggs and scrap heaps to put on it!
  8. markus

HS50 copper head gasket .042

Found this while sorting through some boxes. .042 thick fits HS50 engines. New and never installed $14 shipped paypal Friends or add for fees, lower 48 only
  9. markus

Throttle lever part number? See pic

Anyone have a part number or source for this style lever and rod??? Digging though my stuff and I cant find any. Thanks for any help
  10. markus

Briggs .010 over Steel sleeved 5hp block with matching Wiseco piston/rings

About a 1984 Briggs 130000 5hp block. Has been sleeved and bored to .010 over with Wiseco piston, rings are fresh. I pulled one ring off and it was at .006"-ish gap so fine tune that when you assemble. Valves have been ported and maybe some seat work done. Block is clean with no repairs or...
  11. markus

H35 hybrid build

I talked about doing this earlier in the year. We needed an H35 block for an early style build. Had some late model blocks but nothing with the early small mag side journal. So as an experiment I reworked the block and installed a bushing on the mag side to reduce it to the proper size for an...
  12. markus

3hp rebuild Lil Indian style

Just finished this one, nothing spectacular just the basics on the internals. had the typical valve guide wear, corrected that (see photos below) was an 80202 and Lil Indian used 80212 engines so I converted the sidecover and made some changes to the numbers to better fit the build.
  13. markus

Tecumseh H25-35 Gear reduction complete unit sale/trade

Not really something for a mini bike, I think that maybe some of the old midget karts used these though???? I just bought this engine as a parts donor and lits like brand new internally, in fact under the shroud there is written 2018, in the same marker as the rpm etc.. written on the outside...
  14. markus

Interesting Briggs & Stratton trade show display on ebay for a collector

If your a serious Briggs collector and have some room to put it something to check out....Its in Indiana. The price is scary, but I had saved it to my watch list and I got an pretty fast automated offer for about 200 off the listed price so do that if you have any interest in it and I would...
  15. markus

NOS Miller headlight switch Rupp speedway others.

earlier 1970 specific to the Rupp and used on speedway and some other bikes as well NOS Miller Headlight switch $110 shipped lower 48 paypal only ($105 if you know me and using Friends/family)
  16. markus

old Briggs short block parts lists online anywhere????

Anyone know if they can be found online for the OLDER short blocks or maybe have some in your book etc.. They came with the short blocks themselves (or were supposed to) I am looking for the H-60 thru H-65ish sheet Or something that lists around those numbers, pre magnetron usually. The...
  17. markus

changing intake valve seat angle from 46º to 31º on intake worth a try??

I have seen in the past where its claimed that a 30/31º on the intake valve will allow a more little fuel and air to enter the combustion chamber for a power gain and supposedly no ill effects, anyone make the change on a Tecumseh? Currently thinking if giving it a go on an HS. I gave re...
  18. markus

Nasty Nate the scammer on ebay

While I doubt anyone with any brains would have an interest in the hackjob for that kind of money its currently listed, the scam there of course is dangling an engine in the listing, or working a deal Off ebay for a better price etc.... and he will dump it cheap local to wrangle up cash once...
  19. markus

Known SCAMMER back on OldMiniBikes again.

Cristin83 has been going by the name Mikey Mullens on Facebook, If you dig deep enough, Its pretty clear they are all who we know as Nate Allen at the end of the day. I can also verify that he/they took someone I know personally in the mini bike community for $160 a couple of weeks back for a...
  20. markus

Tecumseh billet retainers set for the H50 and larger needed

I am looking for a pair of billet retainers to use on an H50-H60 I am building for myself. The part number for them is 36957K A few years back someone had sold a quite a few sets on here at once, hoping maybe someone picked that deal up and maybe willing to sell a set???? I have extra sets...