Search results

1. 71RuppSpitfire

Minibike Throwdown Saturday Sept. 9th spencer

10% chance of rain Saturday, Sunday is 50%…little rain never hurt anyone
  2. 71RuppSpitfire

This is located in Massachusetts, I forgot to add it to the post, but it is in the Facebook link. Sorry about the confusion.
  3. 71RuppSpitfire

Located at Spencer fairgrounds. Always a good time, see the link below for additional info. Typically doesn’t get going until 3pm or so. https://facebook.com/events/s/minibike-throwdown-at-rice-o-r/828254558645502/
  4. 71RuppSpitfire

Minibike Throwdown, Spencer Fairgrounds Massachusetts. Saturday September 10 2022

Gumpit is usually there! tomorrow! Bring fast bikes!
  5. 71RuppSpitfire

Minibike Throwdown, Spencer Fairgrounds Massachusetts. Saturday September 10 2022

Spencer ma Fairgrounds Saturday September 10th for the Minibike Throwdown! “Join us Saturday September 10th at the Spencer, Mass. Fairgrounds for another Minibike Throwdown. Action starts around 5 after vendor set up for Rice O Rama.” See Facebook...
  6. 71RuppSpitfire

71 Rupp Spitfire

That would definitely be cool, definitely seems like it could be doable too!
  7. 71RuppSpitfire

71 Rupp Spitfire

Late start this year for me, lot of things going on! Finally swapping on the ice tires
  8. 71RuppSpitfire

Minibike Throwdown at Rice O Rama Sept 11, 2021 Spencer, MA

Pull the rope at the Spencer, Massachusetts Fairgrounds. Races start after vendor set up time. Helmet required and bicycle lighting suggested if we get to run on the mile track (pending fair staff approval) There’s an event page on Facebook as well, event page says 4pm. I’m not in charge of...
  9. 71RuppSpitfire

71 Rupp Spitfire

Hahaha yeah I’ve got a need for more power, I’d love to turn the one on the left into a methanol motor but the upkeep is more than I want to deal with at the moment. The races were fun, hope they have them again next year I’ll be ready with a street tire on the rear
  10. 71RuppSpitfire

71 Rupp Spitfire

Sort of big updates lately. Ended up yanking my block out of my bike to do a refresh, hone, rings and put a Star crank in it. One build turned into two today. The two stars I picked up ended up both having VKE rods and billet forged pistons (score!). So since my vke trackmaster block (on the...
  11. 71RuppSpitfire

71 Rupp Spitfire

Parts are on the way! Honed the cylinder and cleaned it up, it’ll get new rings and a fresh set of rod bearings. Pulled a reground Star cam out of the donor motor and may use it. Looks like it was lightened and ground for more lift, I’ll have to measure it up to compare to my stock Star cam...
  12. 71RuppSpitfire

71 Rupp Spitfire

Won the hill climb drags and the circle track races over the weekend! Bike absolutely rips, I can’t keep the front end down. Got some killer trophies too. Decided to pull the engine out, going to put a Star crank in it out of one of my spare stars and freshen it up with a hone and some rings. I...
  13. 71RuppSpitfire

71 Rupp Spitfire

Painted up one of my spare star side covers. Bike cleans up nice!
  14. 71RuppSpitfire

Gomas Minibike Massacre #10 - West Wareham, MA. June 26, 2021

h50 Motorsport, thing is wild. We only run the tecumsehs
  15. 71RuppSpitfire

Funny I actually noticed that too and thought of this thread...sorry about that haha. The winner was on a Rupp with an h50 thing is nuts
  16. 71RuppSpitfire

Sounds right, there was some wild builds there haha
  17. 71RuppSpitfire

I'm pretty positive it was only one straight up dirtbike chassis. There were two custom rigs and then some older Minis with bigger wheels.
  18. 71RuppSpitfire

I believe there was only one dirtbike chassis rider and he lost his oil in the final iirc.
  19. 71RuppSpitfire

Should I put a Tecumseh hm80 instead of the predator motor

Put the Flathead in it! To add to what the others are saying, yes find an HM80 with a straight shaft. Not a tapered shaft.