Search results

1. S

1969 Bird Duck Handle Bars & Forks

I’ve been looking all through Craigslist list and Facebook market place for a bit and I can’t find these bars for my bird project. If anyone has these bars please let me know. I’m looking to pay around $50. Only PayPal goods and services. I hope I’m using this section right
  2. S

new to mini bikes

I had a similar engine that looks like a rato rs100 to me. I had one and the flywheel was cracked and i could not order a new one because I believe the company is dead not sure but did some digging and there websites last copy write was from 2012 to 2013 and yes its a Chinese clone. if thats...
  3. S

5hp briggs and 1969 bird questions

I have a project ive been working on lately its a 1969 duck bird. I just recently got a old 5hp flathead briggs that I was super exited to use as its engine as ive really only used predators before and I thought it would be perfect for my vintage project. It was kinda a fast thing I saw the...
  4. S

How much should I pay for a used 5hp briggs and stratton.

I did buy the engine for $60 it has spark and turns over good and I took off the air filter and found the the butterfly is broken so I can see that the bike Is getting way to much air. The butterfly cracked so there's a lot missing i'm either just going to get a new carb and gaskets which is...
  5. S

How much should I pay for a used 5hp briggs and stratton.

There's a listing on craigslist listing for a 5hp briggs and stratton and it looks decent the guy said $60 and its mine it starts on starter fluid he said but then dies so its probably a carb issue. Is this a good price and will it be a cheap fix?
  6. S

1969 Bird Mini Bike Forks And Questions.

Will do thanks!
  7. S

I did what you said went to home depot and got all the stuff paint remover and all the necessary gear. Man that stuff is no fun it helped a lot but phew is that stuff strong I brushed it on and got most of it off it was really cool to see the history of the bike I figured out it came stock in a...
  8. S

if you do have the forks contact me I’m pretty sure I started a conversation with you but I’ll just put it here as well but if you have them I’ll buy them.
  9. S

Thank you both for the help and advice. I realized what happened to the front forks is someone must have bent the stock ones chopped them and welded the metal Schock tube on there which I guess is a solution short term. I will definitely use that paint stripped on the main part of the frame and...
  10. S

I have a 1969 Bird Mini Bike and that i'm restoring and I have some questions. The way that i got it in the forks are definitely not the way they should be they looked chopped and there are weird tubes welded to it and basically I need a new fork for the bike. I cant find a fork that is the same...
  11. S

Seat Shock For 1969 Chopper Mini Bike?

Thank you such much for the answer. You have no idea how much help this was I really appreciate it.
  12. S

Seat Shock For 1969 Chopper Mini Bike?

I'm looking to restore what I believe to be a 1969 Bird Chopper mini bike. I'm having trouble finding the right shock for the seat and the right type of seat for the bike if the seat needs to be specific. Does anyone know what it is and able to help me out. I have a picture of the brochure of...