Search results

1. Q

Predator 212 Mods - Need advice

Hi Phil- The prop is 6.5 diameter. Prop wont be shrouded but is aluminum and designed to be the sacrificial component. The boat is basically a 1236 jon boat. Im in south Texas and run saltwater marsh, usually in less than 4 inches of water so a conventional outboard is out for me. If I can push...
  2. Q

Valid point - I should have clarified. I know that Predators are a $100 piece of Chinese engineering so there is an inherent risk. My goal is to not make the reliability worse by hot-rodding the crap out of it. That guy has a bunch of great videos and he continues to use a modified Predator...
  3. Q

Thanks Ole! That is a huge help
  4. Q

Thank you Ole! Appreciate the help. Any ideas on the other stuff? I'm not trying to make 20hp hahaha but would like have a little power.
  5. Q

Hey guys – I was hoping folks with more experience could help me think through a few things. I want to build a mud motor for a small boat that I will have to load/unload from a pickup bed by myself, so complete motor weight is key. The boat is rated for up to 10hp but the transom weight...