Search results

1. slimjimmy1979

Upgrading MM E -1000 electric bikes to Lithium ion batteries.

I was thinking along those lines, but I am struggling trying to locate one. eBay does not seem to have many parts for the MM -E- 1000. But I may try my hand on some of the Facebook groups and see if they may have some laying around in their garage.
  2. slimjimmy1979

Upgrading MM E -1000 electric bikes to Lithium ion batteries.

Really enjoying this thread, I went ahead and bought a mmb-80 frame and currently looking for an E-1000- battery housing. Hopefully I will be able to follow along with your build and do the same thing.
  3. slimjimmy1979

My first project

Since this thing is finally apart, I started the fun of getting the rust off and doing a deep clean. Today I will start the strip down and sanding to prep for primer. Starting to feel better about this project :)
  4. slimjimmy1979

Tecumseh H35 & Torque Converter

Just to add on to the list of items I am looking for- 1970 Scrambler --Brake lever... because I am dumb and I forced it. Also, disregard the model # on the H35 I put up there. I learned they are all different based on the day manufactured. So yep- :) Thank you
  5. slimjimmy1979

My first project

I actually have watched your videos, was trying to figure out what I got myself into. The intention of this was to rebuild and let my little human ride it. But, now it is turning into a “I want this all original and have a little show piece”.... like the furniture our parents had that was...
  6. slimjimmy1979

My first project

After 4 days of working to get this bike apart, I can say I have just about got it done. I can say that the swing frame arm is evil, and right behind that is the jackshaft, but with a little determination and electricity we have prevailed! Starting tomorrow, we soak, then sand... then the...
  7. slimjimmy1979

Tecumseh H35 & Torque Converter

Hello, I figured I would go ahead and put the feelers out here early in the game with hopes I come across an engine and TC. Looking to purchase for a 1970 Rupp Scrambler, Tecumseh H35 model # 45348H and a Torque Converter Assy, PN - 15151. I have been looking at reproduction pieces, but...
  8. slimjimmy1979

My first project

I am learning patience and persistence are two traits that are required for this. I let the penetrating oil do its job and I managed to get the number plate off, the front shock that was stuck, and the TC flange that was on there as well. I felt so proud of myself and then I saw the drive TC...
  9. slimjimmy1979

My first project

Since I am new to the minibike world, I just need to know something... Does anything ever go as planned or smoothly? Day 2 hates me and I can't for the life of me get this thing apart. Current status in the image below.
  10. slimjimmy1979

My first project

I was very curious myself so I scoured the bottom of the interwebs and found this .
  11. slimjimmy1979

My first project

I know I am going to drop an arm and a leg into this, it probably won't come out amazing either- but, I am definitely going to give it my best shot with the little man who really really(did I mention REALLY) wants a minibike.... but if he wants one- he can build it.
  12. slimjimmy1979

My first project

Hello, I went ahead and purchased a Rupp Scrambler 1970 ish or 71... I think- Based on the wire wheels I assume that it is a 70. It is covered in rust and dirt, missing a ton of parts, and I probably paid way to much for it... But I wanted it and it was worth it in my eyes. I had no idea what...
  13. slimjimmy1979

Looking to buy Taco

Good evening, I have begun the search for a couple of Tacos to restore. My son has become obsessed with them and really would like one. I know I could buy one new- but I see this as a good opportunity for my son and me to build our relationship. If you happen to have one I am in the Central...