Search results

1. Mr. Pink

New Year’s Resolution - Mentor a Kid

With the availability of inexpensive metal working tools. And in my opinion, of OK to decent quality. For example: $99 flux welder $20 angle grinder $5 cut off wheel Using the above tools and a discarded bed frame the possibility of items that can be fabricated are endless. I feel that us grey...
  2. Mr. Pink

Humorous Click Bait

I got a chuckle out of the title, and especially the the attached photo. Let's see who can come up with the best caption for this photo.
  3. Mr. Pink

Exhaust Header

With the recent discussion on exhaust headers, https://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/will-an-aluminum-exhaust-pipe-melt-yes.179284/ I thought I would post what I have goin’ on. I have two DB30’s, one with a Predator and the other with a flathead Briggs. On both bikes, I want to...
  4. Mr. Pink

Spring Break

Yesterday in Illinois we had a beautiful 66 degree spring day. My son who is a high school teacher had the week off and came down with the grandkids. Fired up both of my bikes for the first time this season. Having just recently gotten back into mini bikes and selling my motorcycle when my son...
  5. Mr. Pink

Other Hobbies

The thread that I74 has started on RC aircraft has me thinking about hobbies that I’ve had over the years. It seems like I get heavily involved in something for 5 - 10 years, then my interest wanes and I get into something else. So while I’m currently vested in mini bikes, I am gathering...
  6. Mr. Pink

Multi-Process Welder

It’s been my experience that any tool that is “multi-purpose” tends to do a mediocre job of everything as compared to a single function tool. Does my thinking also apply to a multi-process MIG / TIG welder? This is would be strictly for home / hobby use. I do not ever anticipate needing to do...
  7. Mr. Pink

Treysit Sirometer aka Vibration Tachometer

I learned something today. https://www.treysit.com/english/the-sirometer/ Looks like you can pick one up one new for around $20. There are several YouTube videos showing one in use.
  8. Mr. Pink

Lowes - East Peoria, IL - Axis M200

Thursday, November 3, 2022 11:00 AM
  9. Mr. Pink

Doodle Bug Engine Adapter Plate

I am working on my second Doodle Bug project. I didn’t have this issue on the first one as I did a frame stretch and fabricated a new slotted engine mount. For this second build I am leaving the frame stock and installing a Predator 212. My question is, all the engine adapter plates I see from...
  10. Mr. Pink

Torque Wrench - Calibration Verification

I’ve always felt that if there is uncertainty as to a torque wrench’s accuracy, you may as well not even use it. I came up with a quick, easy way to verify the accuracy of a torque wrench. I welded a 1/4” coupling nut to a piece of angle iron. Discarded bed frames are a great source of free...
  11. Mr. Pink

Pressure Washer - Hot Start

I have a Troy-Bilt pressure washer with a Briggs and Stratton 190cc engine. When the engine is cold, it will start first pull. If the engine is stopped when it is up to operating temperature, it will no longer start. Yes, there is spark. So I am assuming it is a vapor lock issue. Any hints or...
  12. Mr. Pink

Vintage Snowblower

As I was contemplating purchasing this, someone else snatched it up. My question for when the next time one of these becomes available, does this Briggs and Stratton/snowblower setup always have a 3/4” keyed crankshaft PTO? And if it does, is the PTO end threaded for a retaining bolt? I’m...
  13. Mr. Pink

Missed It By That Much

Someone got a bargain. Oh well. My Doodlebug stretch project with a 1975 5hp Briggs and Stratton is coming along nicely. Almost ready for paint.
  14. Mr. Pink

Chain Tensioner

I am doing an 8” frame stretch on a DB30, being powered by an old school 1975, 5 hp Briggs and Stratton. In doing the stretch I will need to remove the original chain tensioner bracket. Since I’ll have to fabricate another tensioner bracket, should I stick with the slotted style tensioner, or...
  15. Mr. Pink

Briggs and Stratton 5 hp Crankshaft Questions

Hi Guys, After 47 years I’m getting back into mini bikes! I picked up a 2008 DB 30 Doodlebug frame with wheels and bad tires. I’m looking to power the bike with an old school 5 hp Briggs and Stratton. Shortly after picking up the frame I found a 5 hp Briggs and Stratton in great condition...