Search results

1. D

I need your help in educating me on how to buy vintage parts and mini bike. I am trying to find Sensation Mike's Bike that husband had in 1967.

Good evening everyone. I am posting photos of the two Mike Bikes I found for my husband and Mike to whom the bike was named after. Found one in Pennsylvania and one in Virginia Beach. One was spray painted, one was original paint so we can get an accurate match and the only accessory we are...
  2. D

Sensation "mike-bike"

I am having a Mike Bike restored for my husband. Would you please provide some information on where I can get the reproduction labels. I would greatly appreciate your assistance.
  3. D

I need your help in educating me on how to buy vintage parts and mini bike. I am trying to find Sensation Mike's Bike that husband had in 1967.

Yes it is. The clutch needs some work but if I know him, he'll have it up and running real soon! He's so happy!
  4. D

I'm happy to read that you were able to get a frame that someone else wanted and will enjoy restoring. Thanks for responding and helping out. I have secured a bike and if you can provide me any assistance on a partial code marking I would appreciate it. The numbers I can read are...
  5. D

Thanks for your suggestion. I posted in several mini bikes forum and have been able to find 3. My husband is thrilled!
  6. D

Hi Robert. Thanks for your kind words. I am indeed diligent and since I first posted, I have been able to find 3 mb-6a bikes through several of the forums I joined. My husband is beyond excited and the information that Dick posted helps provide more history which we are thrilled to receive...
  7. D

Wow. Thanks so much Dick for all this incredibly detailed and historic information. I picked up a bike for my husband, and I'm now trying to identify it by a partial number 0361 01-6809183. The last number is questionable and I think due to rust that the first group of model numbers are...
  8. D

Thank you so much for all of your invaluable information. I have found a bike and now I am trying to identify the model number and serial number from what numbers I can read. I think I am missing the entire model number due to rust. What I have is 0361 01 6809183. Most of them are accurate...
  9. D

Sensation "mike-bike"

Hi Delray. I am in the process of trying to find this bike for my husband who purchased one in 1967. In the process of researching his bike, identifying it and now trying to secure one, I had the pleasure of speaking with Mike Rogers who the bike was named after. I've been writing a first...
  10. D

What are your thoughts about this bike? What is missing, what would be your concerns, price etc?

I really appreciate you keeping an eye out for the bike and for helping me understand the vintage bike market. I have done everything you have suggested to have available when I search for the bike. Although I don't know how rare or plentiful these are, I intend to keep looking until I am able...
  11. D

Sensation mike bike

Did you ever sell this?
  12. D

What are your thoughts about this bike? What is missing, what would be your concerns, price etc?

I appreciate your advice. Believe it or not, I spoke with the man that spurred the development of Sensation mini bikes and to who the bike was name. Mike didn't have his original and would like to have the bike again so now I'm in the search for 2 bikes. He gave me a little more info on the...
  13. D

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/909673912897258/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined What are your concerns about this bike for my husband? What is missing, what looks problematic, what questions should I ask, thoughts about the price...he is firm.
  14. D

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/909673912897258/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined
  15. D

Thanks for the info. I wonder why they only included the parts list for the chopper. I'm trying to find the list for the MB-6a. If you know where I can find that one, please send it my way.
  16. D

I'm laughing as I understand both your passion and your wife's point of view as well. My husband is a master woodworker so he is used to working on many projects and as a supportive wife I have been purchasing tools and "toys" for him throughout our marriage. He is a man who works so hard, is...
  17. D

I'm glad I found this forum. It took many weeks to even identify the frame that he had and my optimism in finding one is growing by the day.