Search results

1. R

Rupp serial tag removal

I think it will be an easy decision for me to just clean it up and only replace what is required to get it going again. It would never feel right sandblasting away the history. Has anyone cleaned up an original bike like this? Any suggestions on what to use? Thanks for all the insight, much...
  2. R

Rupp serial tag removal

It is a well used Black Widow. Has been in my family since new, it was my fathers. I am working on it with my kids getting it ready for the third generation of riders. I am torn between full restoration or just freshen it up mechanically and keep the patina/history. All original as far as I can...
  3. R

Rupp serial tag removal

Great tip about reproduction tags, I will have a look around. It probably makes the most sense to just work around it. I was however considering sandblasting the frame to remove the rust on the seat pan. Thanks
  4. R

Rupp serial tag removal

Does any one here have any tips on how to remove a Rupp serial number tag to reinstall after painting. Not sure if this is the right place to post this, I am new to this forum. Thanks for any help.