Search results

1. BLminiBiker1999

Need some suggestions..

Put a new-ish carburetor on it to replace former one that leaked gasoline, drained old oil, now just need a throttle cable, gas line (which I bought but haven’t installed), gas cap, and a air filter, wanting one of the open ones that just stick right off the side
  2. BLminiBiker1999

Need some suggestions..

Good point, I hadn’t thought about that.. I will make sure to keep that in mind..
  3. BLminiBiker1999

Need help with identification..

I appreciate all the help from y’all, y’all are awesome.. I’ve already gotten a lot of great ideas from this site.. planning on using original motor, buying another carb (just needing ideas about what would pair best), and re-doing the brakes and throttle cable, some new tires, new chain, and...
  4. BLminiBiker1999

Need some suggestions..

I like that thought.. I may just refurbish engine and use the original, I’d have it up and running quicker that way.. I think it would be pretty nice keeping it classic.. Also, I really like the bedliner spray idea.. sounds durable and good looking.. so is there any maintenance or parts changes...
  5. BLminiBiker1999

OldMiniBikes.com User Map No Longer Works

Where do I find the map?
  6. BLminiBiker1999

Need some suggestions..

The motor on it turns over easily and has compression, I don’t wanna get rid of it, may just clean it up and possibly rebuild it
  7. BLminiBiker1999

Need some suggestions..

I’ll check out the Ducar motor, and what exactly do you mean by flathead? Like is the motor on it a flathead? I’m new to small engines..
  8. BLminiBiker1999

Need some suggestions..

Thinking about a Predator 6.5hp motor for my mini bike project.. wanting to know what carburetor, air filter, and exhaust would pair up best to get the most out of it.. I have some mechanical ability, working on trucks and cars, so engines aren’t new to me, but I haven’t fooled with small engine...
  9. BLminiBiker1999

Up in the front near the forks, it seems to be a yellow color, but the fenders appear white, frame has some parts that appear to be blue.. bike even has a Suzuki kill switch and Suzuki throttle.. so it’s kinda a Frankenstein I think...
  10. BLminiBiker1999

The motor also turns over with ease when you pull the start rope and you can hear the (I guess compression) of the motor, the whump whump whump) when you pull it. Here is since I just took a brush to it for a little bit yesterday evening..
  11. BLminiBiker1999

It looks much more rusted in the photo, it was in a building for the last several several years with a dirt floor, a groundhog had dug holes around it and caked dirt on it, the frame is in much better condition than it appeared in first photo. The frame feels very sturdy, Ive sat on it and...
  12. BLminiBiker1999

I’m not real worried if it looks showroom or not, I realize there is some limits at times of what you can achieve based on what you start with. I have a guy I can take it to who can sandblast it. What type paint would you recommend? Certain brand of rattle can paint that would be preferable? I...
  13. BLminiBiker1999

I can always upgrade later. What is the advantage of powder coating? I’m not we’ll versed in a lot of the painting aspects.
  14. BLminiBiker1999

I can get a Predator 1.5hp for $150 right now.. and the stage 2 kit I found is about $120, comes with carb, air filter, exhaust, the gaskets and such.. will need brake and throttle cables though, gas cap, and the hoses and such..
  15. BLminiBiker1999

Say $500 and under for example.. I’d like to spend less than $500
  16. BLminiBiker1999

Looking at sanding and painting it, probably like an olive drab green,(I like that color a lot)
  17. BLminiBiker1999

I see, I googled Powerdyne mini bikes and they look incredibly similar.. it’s not like some super rare thing I shouldn’t touch is it? Because I’m looking to probably put a 6.5hp Predator on it, and a stage 2 kit.. any ideas to have it running as best as it can, without breaking the bank?
  18. BLminiBiker1999

Just got this old mini bike from my papaw, need help identifying.. been scouring pictures of old mini bikes on Google with no luck.. new to the forum and any help would be greatly appreciated, planning on fixin the bike up real pretty.