Search results

1. B

5hp briggs choke

No no I have the shorter pick up tube. I didnt; try to run it without one. The aftermarket carb was about 30 bucks and came with a little ring of carb tip cleaners. Looked like a decent deal but a big waste of time.Its so light it wouldn't make a good paper weight. Ill borrow my buddies dremel...
  2. B

5hp briggs choke

also, I went through some reviews on the cheap ones on amazon like the one i bought. A lot of guys said the choke is very loose to start with. live and learn.
  3. B

5hp briggs choke

This is what you mean right? do you think the rivet can be drilled out?
  4. B

5hp briggs choke

This is a real lead for me. Thanks for some excellent advice.! you the man!!!
  5. B

5hp briggs choke

6. B

5hp briggs choke

I checked the head gasket and it looks to be in good shape. The valves look ok and I checked the breather as well. Maybe I just got a couple of bad carbs UNLESS THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO GET SUCKED IN LIKE IT IS DOING?
  7. B

5hp briggs choke

The original one that I rebt 2x slides pretty easily. I talked to my parts guy and he said the rivets wear out so I went and bought the cheapo on amazon and that one slides easily too. Its like it gets sucked in when I pull the rope. As far as I know I should pull the lever out all the way...
  8. B

5hp briggs choke

carb
  9. B

5hp briggs choke

old reb carb
  10. B

5hp briggs choke

this is the carb. see pic below. when i pull the rope to start the choke rod slides towards the motor. I pull it out, pull the rope and it slides in. its wont start at all but i put some gas into carb it runs great. this is the amazon carb on the motor now. I reb the old carb new dia, gaskets...
  11. B

5hp briggs choke

Hi all. I have 5hp briggs. When I pull to start it the choke lever slides open and won't start. Will run fine when primed but won't start cold. Clean and rbt carb 2x. No go. Bought new cheapo carb on Amazon same thing. It's like the choke lever is being sucked open. Any clue? Tks in advance. Yes...