Search results

1. J

Wiring - 3amp DC/5amp AC - Headlight & Tailight

Help! Anyone! I am trying to wire a headlight and tailight on my Columbia/MTD Trail Flite. I have a Tecumseh HSK50 motor with dual alternators - 3amp DC and 5amp AC. Two wires coming out of the motor. It is my understanding that the DC wire is the RED and used for battery charging and the AC...
  2. J

MTD Trail Flite - Torque Converter Guard/Cover

Looking for a torque converter cover/guard for an MTD Trail Flite mini bike. :confused: Any help is appreciated.
  3. J

HSK 5 hp - can't shut it off!

Thanks...I'll give it a try tonight with my son. :scooter:
  4. J

Nothing better than the obvious...but I'd like a better option than getting jolted half the time!
  5. J

Anyone have ideas on how to shut off a Snow King engine that doesn't have a kill switch wire (green)? I have one mounted on my MTD/Columbia Mini Cycle (model 653-2) and the key was removed by Small Engine Warehouse for a minibike/kart throttle set up.....Help!:confused:
  6. J

wtb mtd trail flite axle

MTD Trail flite Jack Shaft brace I have the same mini-bike. I purchased the rolling frame off of eBay but when I picked it up, the braces were missing. I ended up having a friend who is in the tool & die business custom make the braces for me out of solid steel. I looked for a long time for...
  7. J

MTD Trail Flite

Well, I finally got this thing running! :scooter: Only problem, the engine we are using (Tecumseh HSK 5.5hp with a Comet 30 Torque Converter) doesn't have a green wire to it for hooking up a kill switch! Can't shut it off unless I pull the plug wire or stall it by turning down the idle. Need...
  8. MTD Torque Flite Minibike - 3

MTD Torque Flite Minibike - 3

Close up of exhaust...need to get a nice chrome straight pipe!
  9. MTD Torque Flite Minibike - 2

MTD Torque Flite Minibike - 2

New Tecumseh 5.5hp motor
  10. MTD Torque Flite Minibike - 1

MTD Torque Flite Minibike - 1

Not painted yet...waiting on torque converter and a few custome made parts to attach the jack shaft
  11. J

70's MTD Trail Flite - restore

I am trying to figure out how to wire the headlight and taillight of my MTD Trail Flite mini-bike. I just purchased a Tecumseh 5.5hp motor with dual alternators. Anyone have any info on this or know where to go to get it?
  12. J

aftermarket mini-bike exhaust/straight pipe

I am trying to find out is there is anyone that sells aftermarket straight pipe exhausts for Tecumseh motors? I just purchsed a new motor but want to take the stock muffler and air cleaner off and replace with something that is a little more custom and offers a little more performance. Any...
  13. J

Do you know if there are parts available for a MTD Trail Flite? I need a gas tank, lights, etc...

Do you know if there are parts available for a MTD Trail Flite? I need a gas tank, lights, etc. Any assistance is appreciated....THANKS!
  14. J

MTD Trail Flite - HELP!

I am looking for sources to get parts for a 70's vintage MTD Trail Flite mini bike. I need a jack shaft, motor, torque converter, torque converter cover, lights, gas tank, etc. Any help is appreciated!