Search results

1. fonz

Ed Big Daddy Roth Speckled Bird

I posted a simular thread in the "Off Topic Board". But here's a great three wheeler by probably the greatest custom builder ever, Ed Big Daddy Roth. And I added a few pics of his other trikes too! Be sure to watch the video on the bottom. Enjoy!!! Big Daddy Ed Roths Great Speckle Bird...
  2. fonz

ED Big Daddy Roth

This guy is a 60's Icon. No one has ever done anything like this guy. I'm going to post a video and a link to his web site. Look over his site. There are some great videos of his work. This guy was a genious! ENJOY!! https://www.ratfink.com Ed "Big Daddy" Roth - YouTube
  3. fonz

Ghoulardi and The Ghoul

Froggy needs a dentist! The Ghoul and Froggy - YouTube
  4. fonz

The Coolest Ride Ever!!

I've seen mini bikes, go carts, pit bikes, bar stool bikes, golf carts, motorcycles, cars but absolutely nothing is as cool as this!!! I'd give my left nut to have one!! It puts the coolest thing I ever rode as a kid off the scale!! Street legal bumper cars pack cool in small packages
  5. fonz

American Restorations

I love that show! I see them doing one thing over and over though that makes me cringe. Running a pedistal grinder with gloves on! A buffing wheel isn't too bad with no tool rest. But if it's got a tool rest and a grinding wheel you can grind off you hand in a few seconds with gloves on...
  6. fonz

Boys Life 1960

Google Boys life 1960 under Google books and friends you're gonna have some fun reliving all the cool old stuff we had as a kid!! Have fun!!! Here's one link. Google "Boys life 1955 to1965 to find lots more!! Fonz...
  7. fonz

Motovox engine swap...no way!

Gramma buys the kid down the street a new Motovox Mini the start of summer. The tires go bald, the throttle cable brakes, he bends the front forks and And there is no Dad around. .. Just a kid with no tools. So I order the forks and two new Carlisle Snow Hog tires, I had a doodle throttle...
  8. fonz

Simplex Spitfire

He says the pics make it look better then it is??? Hugh?? simplex spitfire mini bike motorcycle rolling frame | eBay
  9. fonz

Max Lube clutch

I'm just looking around the Oldmibibikes.com website when I run across this Max-Lube clutch. What a great invention! Completely new to me.I've never seen any info posted about them on this web site at least. I remember there was one clutch were you had to drill a hole down the length of the...
  10. fonz

Exhaust Header burns/safety

Is there a good way to cover an exhaust header to prevent serious burns? I've been semi-lucky, but I can imagine someone flipping a mini and have the weight of the mini with its hot exhaust burning the hell out of someone. Hopefully not a kid. I've seen chrome covers for lawn mower mufflers that...
  11. fonz

Harbor Freight Double Dipping

Who has had luck using the 20% off coupon with the engines already on sale at $129 or $99 ??? I think my store wont do it any more. I got away with it once two years ago, but I think they changed their policy now. Any one recently Double Dipping with the sale price and the coupon? Thanks to all...
  12. fonz

18 inch Carlisle snow hogs for Warrior/Heat

Just found out Carlisle is making an 18x6.5x8 4ply snow hog tire! Man I bet a set would be just the ticket on a Warrior/Heat with a Torque Converter! They're made for a ditch witch!!.....Yep..I bet you could dig a reall nice hole with them!!!...LOL!!!:thumbsup:
  13. fonz

Honda 6.5 Safety message-Please read!

Over the weekend my friends had a minibike rally. A mile on grass and a mile on pavement stopped for lunch and back. My grandson runs a "Lil Indian Chopper". We were at a dead stop. He scooted on the seat, his leg brushed the throttle and in an instant he flipped the bike!! He's an expert...
  14. fonz

Hawk Pony Cycle

Any one seen or ever own one of these? http://www.mikeybike.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/webassets/ponycycle1955.jpg
  15. fonz

Wooflungdung 2.8

Wooflungdung 2.8 My name for the motor that comes on the Baja Doodle. What a great boat anchor!! Anyone else want to contribute an idea for a name of that thing???
  16. fonz

Motovox Doodle

I don't know if anyone posted about this yet, but Kmart and Sears are starting to carry a new Doodle called Motovox and I guess they are dumping Baja. I talked with a factory rep and ordered a pair of foot pegs with springs and clips I'm sure they will fit the Baja Doodle too. Cost 14 bucks plus...
  17. fonz

Fonz' Hardly a Davidson

I don't know how many pics I can post at a time but here's my new Hardly! The seat you might recognize from Harbor Freight. It's the saddle stool LOL!! What a great seat for 80 bucks. Fits my big butt just fine!! New HF engine,HP intake, jets and exhaust.Comet #30 converter with 62 tooth...
  18. fonz

Stock motor has an over sized shaft?

A few thousands is a lot! Is this true? All the shafts measure over 0.625 inches? I don't remember the thread Zipseattle is quoting, but an over sized shaft would be a major bummer for trying to using a popular American made clutch then. My neighbors have the stock motor and are not too handy...
  19. fonz

Brake Pad spring keeper

Any one have a source for just the brake pad spring clips? After a while they snap in half. The only way I know to get one is to buy the entire brake caliper. That kind of frosts me, especially since I switched to the hydraulic units. Any ideas?
  20. fonz

Harbor Freight Coupons-Just a guess.

Since the first of the year, I have received three 20% off coupons and one 15% off coupon through e-mails. Cjtmini who lives with in 40 miles of me has received none. I believe the difference is that I ordered an electric hoist and swing arm from them online a few months before, for about 200...