Search results

1. C

Why's my 224 so slow?!

The gas is a little old. These things are some of the most fun I've had but seemingly high maintenance, like more that I would have thought. It's been a real pain trying to tune my carb. I also put on my new max torque clutch, ran it a few times and now I think it's blown. The rear tires spins...
  2. C

HELP! Minibike Predator 224 Revs high wanting to take off on start and dies off choke...??

I honestly think you have the same issue as myself, and that's a blown or bad clutch. My 224 with a curved intake and a genuine mikuni carb is doing the same. Turn it over and the rear wheel spins out of control. Tried adjusting my carb all sorts of ways, did nothing. I believe it's because I...
  3. C

My 224 went from flyin, to dyin, to dead

Actually it is pretty black.
  4. C

Any advice on the correct jetting and needle position or notch??
  5. C

I had ordered an extra from GPS, used it this time around. Fired right up!
  6. C

HOW DO I JET THIS MIKUNI CARB THOUGH?? I have a 17.5 pilot jet in and a 140 main jet. It's either too much air or too much fuel, obviously. The needle is in the center slot. Any advice? GPS recommended a 17.5 pilot, with a 140 main for the genuine vm22 mikuni. It does have a curved intake though.
  7. C

Blown intake to head gasket. It's ALIVE!!!!
  8. C

IT WANTS TO RUN! I've been able to pull it over but I dies out unless I keep giving it gas. The jets don't seem to be clogged, fuel is flowing, no fuel leaks (at the moment), plenty of gas in the tank... The thing that is weird is it was running and slowly stopped. So maybe it was a small issue...
  9. C

One thing I noticed is that main jet plug or bolt has been leaking fuel, and I've wrenched it fairly tight.
  10. C

I've rarely used it because it's not really ever started with the choke on. I've never ridden it with it on
  11. C

Very minimal, I'm learning. I have a few main jets to work with and a 17.5 pilot jet that I bought separately
  12. C

I checked the main, it was clean, even replaced the 145 with a 140, that didn't do it. I'll check the pilot jet right now
  13. C

I took it off last night, it was clean, just clean fuel inside. Should I be looking for something else?
  14. C

All the adviced I've received has been awesome and a huge help, but I have been having issues with the jetting on my Mikuni vm22. The bike was running ok, some choking issues when I go from coasting to full throttle, but it started acting up even more so, and won't start without the choke on...
  15. C

Why's my 224 so slow?!

All the advice has been awesome and a huge help, but I have been having issues with the mikuni jetting. The bike was running ok, some choking issues when I go from coasting to full throttle, but it started acting up even more so, and won't start without the choke on now. Even with the choke on...
  16. C

Why's my 224 so slow?!

You guys are awesome, thanks for all the advice / insight / info thus far, I really appreciate it!
  17. C

Why's my 224 so slow?!

Wasn't maxed out either, it was still gaining speed.
  18. C

Why's my 224 so slow?!

I took the stock Hisun jackshaft off and went straight chain. It rips! Needs a little tuning, proper jetting, few other things but it's a lot of fun. ANYONE know what the smallest (thinnest) size head gasket the 224 will accommodate? ️Everything inside the block is stock
  19. C

Why's my 224 so slow?!

So basically it is the jackshaft setup (the gearing) that has me topped out. From what I've gathered is its also not a great setup, compared to a torque converter or a straight chain. Right?
  20. C

Why's my 224 so slow?!

Even though I'm not too knowledgeable about gear ratios it does make some sense to me, when it comes to top end speed, and quick off the line. Gopowersports recommended a 140 main jet for the mikuni, and the gentleman that sold me the curved intake recommended a 150, so I started with a 145.