Search results

1. Olderasteroid137

Breathing noise with Mikuni upgrade

The bike was backfiring blue flames out exhaust yesterday cus I had fuel mixture screw tightened too much. I loosened the screw more so its at 1 3/4 turns. The bike still backfires when I let off throttle, just not with the flames. Is this normal?
  2. Olderasteroid137

Turns out I had too much oil in bike. I took some out and the bad smell is gone.
  3. Olderasteroid137

Got the new carb. Works now. Exhaust still smells a lil lean. Does a bigger jet fix that?
  4. Olderasteroid137

Probably faulty. A review for the carb had the same issue. Just gonna order a new one from different brand.
  5. Olderasteroid137

I cleaned the pilot and jet with carb cleaner. Reinstalled everything. Made sure there were no air leaks. Yet the bike still dies when I turn the enricher off. https://youtube.com/shorts/fTCYaB4IIx0?si=Qhv4z3gdVW10mh27
  6. Olderasteroid137

Is there anyway to test to see if the issue still is an air leak. I think Minimichael is right, and even though I removed the black seperater gasket, I still think that air is leaking which is causing bike to die when enricher is off. *Edit: I'll spray some carb cleaner to see if there is a...
  7. Olderasteroid137

The pull rope is fine. I don’t think it’s an issue with the valve lash, more with the carburetor. I just don’t know why the bike dies when the enricher is off. I’m not sure if there is another air leak.
  8. Olderasteroid137

Bike is running with fuel enhancer fine but still evantually dies when I turn it off. And it immediately dies when I give it throttle. I’m still unsure of why this is happening.
  9. Olderasteroid137

This gasket is probably the culprit of the air leak.
  10. Olderasteroid137

120 pilot jet (the smaller jet)
  11. Olderasteroid137

I’m not sure why the bike dies when I turn the enricher off. Currently it exhausts smells pretty bad and I can tell that it shouldn’t be runner with enricher on, I’m not sure what to do to get it running with enricher off
  12. Olderasteroid137

I got the engine starting by adjusting idle. It doesnt run to great though. It runs with choke on but dies out when I turn it off. *I can get the bike running on choke but it dies when I give throttle with choke off. Any suggestions? https://youtube.com/shorts/Fj_BKMjy2Io?si=QUhlMhoJfF9fos6_
  13. Olderasteroid137

Have idle set at this. I turned the fuel mixture screw all the way in and then 1.5 turns out. With choke on/off, engine doesn’t start.
  14. Olderasteroid137

I’m not sure what to set the fuel mixture screw or idle screw at. My idle screw is currently screwed out pretty far, only because its the only way I can get the bike started.
  15. Olderasteroid137

when I ride the bike, is plunger supposed to be like this? I can only start and ride the bike when I have it up like this. When I push it down, the bike dies. *also, my spark plug is black. Probably running too lean. I’m having trouble finding a good adjustment for the fuel mixture screw. Can’t...
  16. Olderasteroid137

Governor is removed. Torque converter installed. I changed to a 120 jet. Just need to find a good fuel mixture screw setting. Still not sure what is best for it. But the bike runs way better now that I put on a bigger jet. Will test top speed tomorrow.
  17. Olderasteroid137

Got the bike running good. Only downside is that it tops out around 35mph. I probably need to install a bigger jet. Also, the bike only runs when the plunger is up on choke. It idles when the plunger is down, but when I pull the throttle it turns off. If the plunger is up, does that mean the...
  18. Olderasteroid137

I’m not sure what jet is installed. This is the carb I have. FVRITO VM22 26mm Carburetor Throttle Assembly Main Jets Kit for Predator 212cc 224cc 196cc Non Hemi Coleman CT200U BT200X Mini Bike KT196 Go Kart 6.5HP GX160 Clone Engine Baja MB200 Performance Parts https://a.co/d/9i5JNpQ
  19. Olderasteroid137

https://youtube.com/shorts/5rwba6OuAP4?si=P2EPbxeI9ydYFzVu