Search results

1. f-stop

Decrypting Tire Sizes

Thank you Motra. This site, however, is the source of my confusion. How do you reconcile this: ------- 1: If a "x" separates the 1st 2 sets of numbers the 1st number is the overall diameter of the tire. The 2nd number is the overall width. The last number represents the rim diameter. -------...
  2. f-stop

Decrypting Tire Sizes

Is that how they base the tire sizes? My rims are 7" total diameter, 6" where the tire rides. So I'm looking for 6" tires? something on the oder of 4.00x6 then?
  3. f-stop

Decrypting Tire Sizes

This is confusing the hell out of me. Everybody seems to have a different way of measuring tires. My old tire is 4" sectional width, 4" in sectional height, and 14" in total height (or overall diameter). What/where is the closest match to this size? Thanks! I can't seem to get my head around...
  4. f-stop

Anyone else using a Z50 wheel on a Rupp?

Thanks GTO! I may go ahead and replace the original Rupp rear wheel with a Z50 since tires are SOO much easier to find.
  5. f-stop

Anyone else using a Z50 wheel on a Rupp?

My problem is in how to get the drum brake to work best. I can probably weld something up to the fork, but not sure if that's the best way. Anybody have pictures of their set-up? Thanks!
  6. f-stop

OldMiniBikes.com Email?

I don't mind. Go for it.
  7. f-stop

Newbie needs 14x6 tire (and lots of advice)

Thanks for the info about the front wheel/brakes!! That's great news. I've got to get some time to get the rear tire off but I know the brakes and tire say Rupp. I'm finding a LOT of bad and unsafe "modifications" done by the PO, so who knows what I'm gonna find next. Thanks!
  8. f-stop

I don't know exactly; I'll have to pop the tire off tomorrow and measure. It's a Rupp tire, marked 14x6, whatever that's worth.
  9. f-stop

I'm working on rebuilding what looks to me to be a '68-'69 Rupp TT500 that's been seriously messed with. I'm not trying to do a restoration, just want to get it road-worthy. It'll be used mainly on rural gravel roads just for fun and putting around. I've fixed the bent forks (repair not...
  10. Altered Rupp as purchased 2

Altered Rupp as purchased 2

Another view. Paid $50 for it as is. The Honda motor runs good; no chain, no front brake, junk tires, no throttle cable and BAD rear brake. Still, could be worse for $50.
  11. Unknown Rupp as purchased 1

Unknown Rupp as purchased 1

Here's the bike as I got it. No idea which parts are original, but many bad welds and a Honda motor later . . here it is.
  12. Naked Rupp 2

Naked Rupp 2

Another view of the bare frame of my altered Rupp.
  13. Naked Rupp 1

Naked Rupp 1

Here's my somewhat altered vintage Rupp naked.