1970 rupp scrambler

markus

I'm talking with someone right now about buying my dream minicycle (which is not cheap!) so I'm offering my scrambler up to generate some extra cash and also make room if the deal takes place. I just sold the my z50 today, this one was going to be next when done:

1970 Rupp scrambler, it is 100% original, I did take off the handlebars and put a set of 71-up style with separate mounts just because the OG's need re chromed at the bottom and the set I put on are real nice. (comes with the og bars too).

Currently the bike is semi disassembled, the take is sandblasted and I welded the pinholes that appeared in the process, it will need "creamed" which a POR15 tank kit comes with the bike. I also blasted the engine shrouds, number plate, license plate/fender bracket and those are currently in High build primer.

The original seat cover is in perfect shape other than needing restitched at one corner in the front and the foam is great and still has the plastic bag cover on it.

I bought all new/correct decals for the 3.5 tec, "scrambler", and the round "rupp" emblems from Black widow and Ruppparts, also comes with an NOS "LIVE IT rUPp!" decal for the number plate.

I will also throw in a Repro "USA" plate and lift bar from BLM and a new air cleaner and petcock from Ruppparts too.

Bike runs great, low hours on it just had some barn rash and tank was nasty on the inside. No smoke out of the engine, good compression, no oil drips or buildup in the engine either. TC1 works fine and is not worn down, cover is there and looks good (one crack at the bottom but not noticeable) chain and sprockets are hardly worn. original kill switch and the brake works great.

Chrome is not the best, but presentable. I do have a set of wheels coming that I think (hope) are better than what I have, I'm waiting on delivery. everything will clean up better than it is, I just have not put any effort int it yet.

This was an untouched bike, no mods, no wrecks, no nothing. No chain rash, dings or deep gouges in the frame, while it could use a paintjob to be show quality, its clean enough to be presentable, I was going to leave it and just repaint all the silver parts.

Price is $650, that's everything included above. I will be happy to disassemble and ship, no I won't get you a quote till the bikes been paid for as it will have to be in multiple boxes etc.. last bike I shipped that way to AZ ran about $150 through fedex though.

This isn't a distress sale, It would be easier for me to deal with the wife if less money comes outta the bank account and of course one less bike is in the garage when a new one shows. No matter what I will start working again on this bike after the holidays are over, and will of course want alot more for if I decide to offer it for sale so let me know if you are interested.

before disassembly:

right now:

Last edited: