All things Palmini

just frank

Palmini was a really good aftermarket parts company for go karts and I think mini bikes too... I am a big fan of it! I've been thinking about posting products that Palmini made through the years, I will look on the web and see what I can find... If any of you owned any of their products please write about it and a picture as well.

images (9).jpg

just frank

The gas cap is top heavy and was famous for falling off during a race.... The theory goes that on a tight curve on the track the gas cap would fly off into the grass where many are still there to this very day or buried underground somewhere. My theory has been if someone with a metal detector would go to these old racetracks, they might find them and or other vintage go kart parts as well. Does anyone here have a metal detector and live close to a vintage go kart racetrack? Who knows what you might find... On EBAY I hear the original gas caps alone can fetch as much as $200.00, might be worth it...

Last edited:

just frank

Here is an engine mount for a McCulloch kart engine... NOTE: This has a different bolt pattern than your standard bolt pattern for a Briggs and Stratton.
s-l1600 - 2023-08-01T162024.767.jpg s-l1600 - 2023-08-01T162036.191.jpg s-l1600 - 2023-08-01T161853.639.jpg

just frank

Here is a vintage go kart with a Palmini gas tank, notice what the owner did to the gas cap. I think that's a good way of doing it... The dent looks bad... I'm not sure if the tank can be fixed.
Come to think of it, it looks like the chain broke off and slammed into the tank just missing his head. I hope he was wearing a helmet. He must been going really fast at the time.

01616_a3ZHH97o8DXz_0CI0t2_1200x900 (1).jpg

Last edited:
I am sorry but no, the McCulloch bolt pattern is a little smaller, I found that out the hard way. In the golden days of karting, they experimented a lot back then. DSCN1911.JPG DSCN1910.JPG maller... I found that out the hard way...

Last edited: