Arco Buccaneer stickers and decals

markus

There are good large format pictures I loaded up from an ebay listing right here on this forum, if you are on a standard PC you can click on those photos and then blow them up even more......at least on my laptop you can. There is much better info on this site if you dig around, other sites just quick copy/paste to theirs off here and cut out/photoshop out watermarks because they dont want to give any credit to anyone. this link will take you to that post, but the pictures are also loaded up into the media section as well: bushwhacker

cfh

Actually that analysis of the picture situation is wrong. The pecking order works like this...

The guy that took the pictures for the ebay auction IS THE OWNER of the pictures. Him alone, no one else.

Then you get Ebay involved. and when you do an auction, ebay now thinks they own the pics. That is up for debate, and legally i don't think it has been challenged or settled. But when you do an auction, part of the agreement with ebay is that they "own" the pictures. Again, don't think this is true but no one is complaining either... as everyone wants to sell their stuff, so what choice is there?

Then you get OldMinibikes which *hijacks* the picture from ebay (or where ever), and puts their watermark on it. Legally this is *wrong*. They do *not* own the picture, because they stole it from ebay, who stole it from the original photographer! And anyone taking the picture past that and leaving the OldMinibikes watermark in place just perpetuates that lie.

The same thing applies to people scanning advertising flyers and manufacturing information. Just because you scanned it (or took a picture of their picture), does NOT mean you own that picture! The original photographer owns that picture, and they (probably) sold the right to use the picture to the company. Or they were a company photographer, and in that case, the company fully owns the picture.

Bottom line... Just because someone puts a watermark on a picture, does NOT make that picture theirs! And often leaving that bogus watermark in place is just perpetuating that lie.

i mean i get it, people want credit for taking time to scan, document or hosting stuff. that's fine. but taking credit for the picture that is not yours, is wrong and (probably) violates copyright laws (not that anyone is complaining, but i guess they could if they cared.)

Last edited:

cfh

sorry did not mean to suck you into that discussion. just it has been lingering here for a while...
in regard to your decal situation, i could probably make them for you. but to be honest, there's not a lot of incentive. i mean if i had this bike, for sure, i would send them to you for free (because i would be making them for my bike anyway). but to just honker down and do the photoshop work and then print to vinyl, there's just not any incentive here. i don't sell decals... i just make them for my bikes. and if someone needs the artwork or an extra decal i have laying around, no problem, i give it to them!

kayde

Thanks to the op for asking as the info helped me in more ways than one. You have a awesome bike.

A eye opener as to how different my bike is too this one with both being 1972's.

Does anyone out there know the size of the sticker on the gas tank of the ARCO Buccaneer? I cannot find one and I have contacted several people who cannot help me locate or purchase one. If someone has a Buccaneer can you please measure for me and get back to me . Thank you.

cfh

it's a rare bike, not like a Rupp or Fox. So you're probably on your own. but since you have the bike, you can probably figure out the size of the original decal. maybe there's some memory marks from the original on your gas tank? or just make a logical guess using your gas tank and picture of the position of the decal. you should be able to come up with something. and no one is going to argue if you're off a bit in size. there's just not enough examples out there for anyone to make judgements on this.