Bonanza year?

Ceejus

I've got this Bonanza, that i think is a BC1200, thanks to TONS of digging and research on here. It's a forward peg model and all i seem to be able to find pics of are mid peg models. Was the forward peg a model year thing or an option, or what? Since the Roper was all goof balled, i decided that this Bonanza would be the one i try to get as close to original as possible. A resto-mod of sorts. Thanks! Oh! what colors were on these things when new? was there a large variety or were there just a couple of colors available? Thanks again!

Attachments

mustangfrank

I've got this Bonanza, that i think is a BC1200, thanks to TONS of digging and research on here. It's a forward peg model and all i seem to be able to find pics of are mid peg models. Was the forward peg a model year thing or an option, or what? Since the Roper was all goof balled, i decided that this Bonanza would be the one i try to get as close to original as possible. A resto-mod of sorts. Thanks! Oh! what colors were on these things when new? was there a large variety or were there just a couple of colors available? Thanks again!
1967 to 1968 BC-1200 or BC-1300.

Ceejus

1967 to 1968 BC-1200 or BC-1300.
I was thinking 1200, because there's no light bracket on the rear, but now (with more research) i see that lights were optional on the forward peg 1300. So now it could be a 1200, 1300 or a 1300T? I guess i just need to pick one and roll with it. Lol! Hoping to score a Tecumseh flattie to go on this one. It just wouldn't feel right putting a later OHV engine on here, especially when i want it to remain relatively stock, within reason. At least nothing that can't be undone, as i come up with the correct parts as i have the budget to do so. I think I'll call it a 1968 model since that's my birth year. Lol!