Boonie Bike Project

AUG 2020:

I started on putting the engine parts together. I finally got the gaskets. I removed the crankcase cover and replaced it with the older cover.
I installed the gas tank & carb to the engine along with the muffler.
I installed the cooling tin and starter housing to the engine.
I has bought a throttle linkage kit and installed it on the carb.

I set the engine on the bike with a couple bolts for now. Have to get some more bolts, etc.. I haven't started the engine yet - still need to put oil and gas in it.

o1.JPG o3.JPG o2.JPG o4.JPG o5.JPG

SEPT 2020:

I ordered a few more pieces: throttle and brake cables, horn and a brakelite switch.

I got the horn and installed it on the front forks. It isn't an original part but closely matches what it looked like.

I didn't have much time to work on it during the month so this is where it sets for the time being. I haven't taken any more pictures so far and never got around to starting the engine yet. I did get a gas cap for the tank that has a guage on it so that will be nice to have.

OCT 2020:

No further progress to report on. Just been too busy with other projects (as in house-type projects). I hope to get back to working on it in the next few weeks.
I still have to get a taillight assembly for it and some type of battery box, then wire it all up.
I also want to install a kill switch too.

Once I get the Boonie done I want to start on my Heald "Trail Bronc VT-5" next. That will be my winter project. After that I have a nearly complete 1970 Rupp Roadster survivor and a Stellar basket case to get to.

Well hope to have some more progress to report soon - thanks for following and I hope whoever is reading enjoys it. I know I'm having fun!!

I didn't make any progress at all in November - now into December. My wife and I both tested positive for Covid-19 over the weekend and are quarantined till the 22nd. Unfortunately not feeling up to doing any work so I'm gonna write the project off till after the New Year.
Fresh year-fresh start!!!!!!

Thanks guys! We are doing ok - symptoms we have aren't real severe. Quarantine time is over next Tuesday. Sucks because we did all the precautions to help prevent getting it.

When i get back to the Boonie I am going to start on the Heald VT-5 rider to get it going (have a ski to fit it and would like to ride it in the snow this winter!