Bought a Stella red baron!

Street Smart

I`ve always wanted a Stella red baron, and a black beauty. When i was a kid they sold them at the local motorcycle shop near my house. I found a red baron one on craigslist, great shape.

Street Smart

Its hard to find any info on these, if i can remember it had a short, white seat. The graffics have a little rattle can overspray but very clear, I`m sure i can get a decal made from it, or with good pics have my pinstripper redo it after powdercoating.

zeeman

Nice. I have a Stellar also. I like the fork plate. Are you searching for Stella, or Stellar when you google? I'll be watching this build.

Street Smart

i have another Stellar too, a black beauty i got from a buddy over the winter, haven`t done much with it yet, It`s been busy at my shop.

two nice winter projects

I`ve always wanted a Stella red baron, and a black beauty. When i was a kid they sold them at the local motorcycle shop near my house. I found a red baron one on craigslist, great shape.
that's interesting , there was some debate over whether Wayne's "Black Beauty" forks were factory or hand painted by somebody. I commented that the horse looked too detailed to be a "backyard special"....

based on those Red Baron forks I'm thinking the Black Beauty's artwork is original...looks like they just branded the bikes by spraying over a stencil of some sort......

Street Smart

that's interesting , there was some debate over whether Wayne's "Black Beauty" forks were factory or hand painted by somebody. I commented that the horse looked too detailed to be a "backyard special"....

based on those Red Baron forks I'm thinking the Black Beauty's artwork is original...looks like they just branded the bikes by spraying over a stencil of some sort......
That is the ONLY pic thats ever came up doing a black beauty search. i remember these bikes growing up, both came with the graffix when new.

Last edited: