Braking issues

Hello, I am not new to minibikes but I haven’t encountered everything yet, I have an issue that the faster I go at around 70mph and I pull my brakes nothing it reaches my knuckles no problem but when I’m going around 30 it brakes normally so I’m trying to see what it is because the faster I go the less my brakes work any answers? Thank you in advance.

What kind of brakes are we talking about?
I used to ride my minibike hard and used to wheelie for blocks on end but now it’s a little frightening and I can’t ride the bike with constant paranoia I wonder if it’s because it doesn’t have enough fluid and if it can’t make much pressure because of that

Addicted 2 Minis

Although this should be in the "General Discussion" section, not the "What is it?" section, I'll try to explain a couple things. It's called brake fade, if you invest in go fasters, you need to invest in stop fasters too. These brakes were designed to stop a bike that goes 25 MPH, doesn't matter if you upgraded to a hydraulic system or not, there's not enough surface area on the disc to handle the friction so they fade. There are a couple things you can try to help reduce this, one being copper brake pads and two, bleed the air out of the lines.

Last edited:

Addicted 2 Minis

Those small hydraulic calipers have issues when used hard with the mounting posts breaking off. I would look for a atv caliper with either a larger piston or dual piston.
Agreed 100%, I bought one of those for my DB30 back when they first came out. I installed it and noticed that when I squeezed the brake lever the caliper almost pulled off the pins once it couldn't compress on the disc anymore. It didn't mater how much I adjusted things it kept nearly pulling off the pins so I didn't use it and don't recommend them to anyone. I did see someone use a larger ATV caliper and disc but they had to make and weld on their own bracket.

I've used the small ones on the front as i dont like a lot of grab on a front wheel. I use ATV calipers on the rear.
Got a dual piston big brake and put it on the same thing happens but there’s a workaround while I’m going fast if I pull the brakes repeatedly 3 times they instantly build their normal pressure on the 4th pump works like a champ and no complaints never fail on me while I’m wheeling around the neighborhood thank you all for your support and I wish you well for your future projects!