carb main jet question

I have a baja motor sports doodlebug with a champion 6.5 honda gx200 clone and a tav2. it also has a air filter adapter and I just bought an exhaust header muffler combo for it. before with just the air filter it would backfire when i let off the throttle, so i think this means it's running lean. now with the new exhaust the problem is probably just going to get worse. I was wondering if any one knew what size main jet to get and how you change it, it looks like they just screw in. im still pretty new to the mini bike world and any help would be appriciated thanks

well since no one wants to help out I'll guess it's the trial and error method. I went ahead and ordered the 92 jet to start with. hopefully thats not too much. and ill figure out how it goes in once i recieve it. :confused:. shouldn't be too hard. maybe i should start a new thread but if any one reads this that knows about billet connecting rods and how they go in, they should tell me how hard they are to go in. looks like you might have to take the head and the cylinder off to get to it. I don't want to end up with sharpnel up my A** and have been thinking about this for a while.

Not sure about the jet, but to change the rod, you'll have to pull the side cover off, pull the head, unbolt the rod and carefully slie the piston and rod out the top. Remove the clip that holds the wrist pin, remove the wrist pin.Remove the piston. Install the piston on the new rod. You'll need a ring compresser to put it back together. Assembly is reverse of disassembly. Torque the rod bolts and head bolts to factory spec. If you're not confused yet, this should help a little.:thumbsup:

I thought it would go something like that, where do you get a ring compressor for these little cylinder rings, don't really know what one is, but it makes sense you would need something to compress the rings in to get the piston back in. Is it the thing they use in horsepower tv when they put it around the piston probably to compress the rings then tap the piston back into the engine block. if thats the case sounds easy but hard to find the compressor. ill have to search the web thanks for exlplaining that to me :thumbsup:

well i found the compressor i think

it comes from nr racing and it's 3 inches. im just not sure if thats the right size or not.

Skokryder , going up on the main jet a size or possibly 2 should be real close to what you need. when we change filters and pipes on the four cylinder jap bikes that is usually all we need to increase main. every situation is a bit different and no two my be identical but a size or two should be darn close i would think. take care..jonnybiker