Cat Question

I was at a local swap meet yesterday. A guy had a Cat with suspension on the back for the seat, and it had a jack shaft, with a 2 speed clutch, that went to a jackshaft with 2 sprockets.

Is it something special? It looks like a 400JS, but I cant find if they were 2 speed. It had a period correct engine in it, but I am not sure if it is original. It looked like a Briggs, but I didnt really pay attention. I wish I had now.

The engine was red. So I dont think it was original to the bike.

Anyone have info on these cats with 2 speed clutches?

Any pictures would be great too. I didnt buy it, because I couldnt cart it out of the swap meet. It was just too far. It had wheels and the brake in the rear. But the wheels were off it. I probably should have bought it and put the wheels on and rolled it out. The engine ran, but had no chain hooked up..

Any help would be appreciated. I got the guys contact info, and I plan on picking it up in a couple days.

Thanks!

Dan

45t

It might be a 400TS or R4004. :shrug: Please see my "traded for a Cat but what model" thread in the "what is it" section. Take a look at the bike I posted and see if it looks the same. I picked one up too only mine has the shocks front & back and is missing the torque converter/ jack shaft set up. You should have picked it up, even if it was only for parts. I'm in need of the TC/jackshaft set up.:wink:

Last edited: