chain size

I have a bonanza 1410mx frame, that was sitting around. I am trying to put a later model briggs 3.5 on it. I know it will be slow, but it beats having it collect dust. the jackshaft has a gear with much smaller teeth than my clutch, anyone know the chain size of the jackshaft gear so i can purchase a clutch to match?

35 pitch on the Bonanzas.. Yours is probably 41..

You can just buy a 41 sprocket and chain to run the jackshaft. then a 35 and chain to run the wheel..:thumbsup:

I'd say your clutch will work fine.. :shrug: It's a LOT cheaper to just purchase a 41 sprocket to put on the jack shaft and a foot of chain, as apposed to buying a clutch to run the existing sprockets..

i didn't count the teeth, just utlilized a smaller chain then the clutch i have. I have a 1956 F100 , I thought it would be cool to have a vintage mini bike in the back, hence the project

Last edited:
Right right.. Yeah You're gonna want like around 12 13 teeth for the sprocket that drives the rear wheel.. That puts ya in general minibike ballpark speed.. So if ya have somethin like that (wich ya most likely do) I'd do that.. Then buy something like 2 or three teeth larger than the one that is on the clutch.. That way it will gear ya down a little bit and give ya a little pulling power.. PLUS you don't want to (drive) too small of a sprocket, as it's rough on chains.. So adding a couple teeth to the rear, kinda helps them stay together..

Mx 1410

I also have a MX 1410 and it came with a #35 chain off the engine and a #41 to the rear sprocket/drum and I converted the engine drive to match the rear so it would have the same chain size. I also got my sprockets from OldMiniBikes and would get the keyway that they sell and cut it to fit. They sell a nice clutch cover and mounts if you need them. I had Evil Ed make a gas tank for me and it sucks! JUST KIDDING!!!! He made a work of art that everyone says they wish they had Bonanza to mount it on!! OldMiniBikes and Evil Ed can get you what you need to finish your bike. Good Luck on your bike, Owen