Cheeftah with 3.5 HP Clinton...Info??

I have searched thru the forum on this bike and found some general information, but really need to find out more. I would like to know what year(s) this was made? manuals? where to get parts? what is it worth?? I did find out on this site someone had the original ad for this and have printed it off and BIG thanks for that!
This was found in a town wide garage sale from a older couple (70's) who said this was bought brand new for their son and was ridden very little and then put away in the garage for the next generation to come along and never happened...so they sold it. They have a round aobut idea of when purchased, but not really sure. This does run, but really needs to be tuned up. I run a small shop working on motorcycles-atvs and small engines, but not really the Clinton motors.
I would feel so much better...since it is completely stock to turn it over to someone who would buy it and restore it back to its "glory" days. This is the first time in many years that I have come across something this complete and in good shape and never with a Clinton motor (most where repainted, motor changed or welded on...you know what I mean).
The engine numbers are: 100 404 030A SER 1519038ZA
Thanks,
Tony
I can send pics to anyone if interested?? just email myself.

Last edited:
I live in Central IL...Shelbyville. I really do not know what to ask, but really looking for more information just to satisfy my curiosity on this bike....but would sell it for a reasonable price to the right collector who would actually appreciate a bike like this and not tear it up. Sounds like you are into these type and have knowledge of them...can you answer any of the questions?
Thanks

I can not send a PM till I hit at least 3 PMs first...so here is my reply to the members who contacted myself:
I really do not know what to ask on this...so was looking for someone to throw out a price and take it from there or set up a time to come and inspect it and see for yourself. If nothing else I will ebay it out and then have to put a high price to pay for the fees...really giving everyone a fair shake at it first here on the forum hoping someone would restore it.
Thanks