chopper mini bike

I saw a mini bike at a swapmeet that looked just like a 60's chopper motorcyle. It had the tall sissybar with a seat going all the way up it. it also had a girder front end if I remember correctly. i think the guy said it was a rittman or a ruttman? Does anyone know what I am talking about? i would love to find out what it was so I could start trying to find one. I have the feeling that it won't take long for me to get completely addicted to the mini bike collecting. Please help me find out what that bike was, Thanks

Wow, those are beautiful. Now that I know what it is I guess I need to post a wanted ad or start searching craigslist. Thanks for the great pictures.

I saw it last year and wasn't really into mini bikes. Now that I have developed a taste for mini bikes I am going to actively look for one. i don't remember what motor was in it, I think he wanted $400 for it. Thanks for all the help guys, i really appreciate the great welcome and look forward to spending a lot of time on this site.

EP... I built the mechanicals in that black one.. :laugh: That thing was a damn deathtrap.. :scooter:

You're gonna be looking for a Ruttman or Lil Indian chopper for a while.. And if the chrome looks nice $400 is going to be the deal of a life time. :drool: They (for whatever reason) are very desirable and always bring a good price. I'm thinking because the front forks look so sweet. :cool2:

In my opinion they drive like shit. :thumbdown: Of all of the (vintage minchoppers) that I have driven, Ruttman, Bonanza and Powerdyne..

Powerdyne, although maybe not the most sought after.. Is by far the most under rated. They are by far more comfortable to sit in and drive..

The Bonanzas aren't too bad but are also pretty short, so even though they handle nice, when you get them highly excited or turned sharp, they get squirrely REAL fast.. Mine liked to scared me to death more than once..

You are looking for one of these....

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/complete-mini-bikes/49935-powerdye-chopper-nightmare.html

Gibson

yeah, that does look like that old 6hp motor you did TRK on my Ruttman ended up in California WTF driving them Ruttmans suck, better just to park em and look at em. now the Bonanza's are way easier to ride :thumbsup: