Coleman CT200U issues

To start off, my dumbass knows nothing about small engines. Try to remember that. I have a CT200U that i bought used about 3 months ago. The guy was talking about how the clutch would slip, so he ended up buying a torque converter of some sort. I named it Bertram Winkle after my favorite name of all time. Anyway, Betram shredded a belt about 2 months ago. I bought some new belts and installed them. Here's where the problems began. First off, the thing would take about 17 decades to get up to speed, and I mean it. I could probably take a good nap whilst waiting. Ok, in all seriousness Im mostly joking. But, the thing will rev up like crazy but go about 7mph, and the normal speed is about 34-something. After a couple of seconds, it'll decide to not be retarded and kick into gear, and it'll run just fine as long as i keep the engine revved up a bit. I hate this for many reasons. One: I look like a total dumbass when im waiting for it to kick into gear. I mean, if you saw me, you might think i was on my way to go shoot someone. I sit there with the bike just screaming, going about 7 mph. Second off, when i get chased by my uncle trying to touch my no-no square, he could catch up to me by walking. Is there anything i can do to make it instantly kick into gear, and get into the 30's without waiting? Thanks.

MJL

Start by taking apart the driver (the part on the engine that holds the belt) and cleaning it. If you don't have an impact driver to remove the bolt, put a closed end wrench on it and tap it with a hammer in the correct direction.

Make sure you have your belt on in the right direction. Flat edge towards the engine, tapered edge facing out.

Make sure your belt is not too loose, just snug is ideal, but belt lengths vary by brand. If you can get it off and on easily without removing any parts it is probbaly too loose. If so, try a genuine Comet brand belt.

Make sure the two "pulleys" are perfectly aligned, front to back, on the engine side of the belt. If they are not, use a washer or two to space them until they are. Misalignment will eat belts.

If the Coleman still has the stock sprockets, 10 tooth in the front, 50 tooth in the back, it is geared high. Great for high speed buzzing down long roads. Murder on the belt for frequent starting, low speed riding, and climbing hills, especially if you weigh a few lbs. If you get things sorted out and want to do a lot of those things, you might consider a 60 tooth sprocket for the rear, which will also require a new chain, so something to think about when your's is toast.

old shed finds

Long story short..Its a too long of replaced belt...I like them tight so take off is right off slight throttle twist.
We need pics?
Did this same swap on my CT and its got hours of fun no belt shredded.