decent mig welder?

I don't know about the welder you are asking about but my experience with welders is that "you get what you pay for." I bought a Miller 13 years ago and it has always worked without a hitch. The last thing you want to do is be in the middle of a project and have to start messing with a tempermental welder. I agree with Hent's reccommendation

kbs8ball

Thats all I needed to know...and yeah the miller is awesome. also 750 beans I can get a firepower for 250 with a bottle of argon...but if its junk I dont want it..

Hent

depends on how much you weld, and how often... i always feel 110v welders leave a lot to be desired.

i also weld a lot of off-road truck stuff so a little more power is required, but it never hurts to have it...

kbs8ball

Thanks X 90 but Id rather not leave my garage...I been doing that and its getting old...ill just have to save my pennies for the Miller.

Welders are a lot like high performance hot rod engines...

You might rarely use the upper range of power, but it's nice to have it there when you need it...

My amp(erage) goes to eleven...

kbs8ball

I was just talking with my gear head neighbor...he has a miller 135 and also just got a bad A$$ tig welder...so hes hooking me up with his old dayton mig he was gonna convert to aluminum...no need, now that he has a TIG...so im gonna clean this thing up and give it a try..its a complete set up minus the helmet. should be ok for minibike stuff.

kbs8ball

SWEET !!! got it cleaned up... Its in great condition...I just tested it out and it works well for tubing and such...Im happy:thumbsup: Now I can get busy making a front end for my bonanza.

Jleon

:thumbsup:I bought a CLARKE 130 Amp for $299.00 on sale at a farm and home supply. It is gas or flux core and came with the gauges and hose as well as a pretty nice cart, a little of each wire. flag hammer, and a mickey mouse hand held mask. all in all it's been good to me. Good beginner unit, plug it in and go!

I've been doing a bit of looking too. I am leaning toward the Craftsman beginner unit, (around $300). I did some gas stuff many years ago, but this core unit looks real good for a begin-againer.