Doodlebug adapter plate (save your money)

Well I bought this plate thinking nice bolt right on add predator 6.5 motor be down 5-10 minutes....not! 30-45 minutes later.
First- off you have to still drill other 2 holes in bike to add plate which was easy just lay plate on mark spots and drill.but if I knew I had to drill I'd just drill first place.
Second- when you buy something. it be nice to have the correct bolts comes with 8.. 4-short ,4-long
Well I got 5-short,3-long.
Third-if you have ever drop a Chevy V-8 in a s-10 that's what this was like with the thickness of the plate you have to squeeze it and pry it in there than get the bolts to line up after they move and twist.
On top of that all the dang pulling on motor threw my back out!!
I wasn't impressed at all now if no tank on motor yea be simple or if using plate on a bigger opening yes be easy.
Wasnt worth spending the 40 bucks I'll just mark and drill next one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2SlickNick

I have the plate on one of my db's and glad I did. As I have changed from C.C and T.C. and have changed wheels and never had to drill more holes. I just adjust engine front/back and side to side as I do different mods and upgrades.

Now my other db I will never do anything to it except leave 6.5hp and c.c on so just drilling the holes was fine.

You got to drill holes that's only way to mount plate.even says it in instructions.are you only using 2 bolts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2SlickNick

Yes you have to drill the four original holes for the mounting plate. I was stating that I would have had to drill more holes for each time I did an upgrade or modification and needed my engine to move a little to the side.

Older DBs you didn't have to drill holes and you could drop a 6.5 right on and go even without the plate...then they changed it and you have to drill 2 holes. The plate is good in the fact the metal is cheap crap on China bikes...and it gives you help there and allows tons of adjustability.