E3 spark plugs?

N-gin

All those platinum plugs and iridium are a waste of money. All they do is last longer thats it. The platinum and iridium acually use more energy to fire cause the resistance is high on them. The regular copper core plugs are better. The only other plug better then copper is silver core, but those are hard to find and are about $15 a plug.

Spark plugs are supose to have the least resistance. If you are turning high RPM you would want resistance but not in the plug. You would want it in your plug cap. When you put a resistor cap on your plug it will fire the plug for a longer period of time but at the cost of amps.

As for Bosch Platinums... Calling them garbage would be a complament.

Last edited:
have you ever tried an E3? I have I compared it to the regular type plug in my Briggs 5hp. Never in a frame so dont know if it was any faster but the motor sounded alot louder and aggressive almost like it had a bigger cam in it. It also seemed to start way easier. The plug it replaced was in good shape and ran fine. Now this isn't very scientific at all but take it for what its worth. Why not just buy one and try it for yourself.

Vintage Tecumseh enigines.....CHAMPION CJ-8 ONLY.....I never have a plug fouling issue and have had 2 customers with plug fouling problems try the CJ-8 to find they never had a problem but wrong spark plugs.

A spark plug is NOT going to increase your horsepower. These vintage engines do not have the ignition output from the coil to make killer spark.

Make sure points and condensor are good quality and gap on points is at .020" (Tecumseh), spark plug gap at .030" and you have an adjustable mixture carb and you will have many miles of quality fun

Last edited: