Extreme H70 parts?

Butts

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and had a few questions regarding my Tec H70. I got it out of a snowblower that the father in-law gave to me. He couldn't get it running and thought I would have a better time working on it.
I took off the valve cover on the side of the motor and found that the spring cup had broke in 1/2 and the spring was sitting loose around the valve stem.
Anyway, since I have a good foundation to start with I was wondering what was out there for this motor and where to get it. I've done some research and followed alot of links to find that every popular parts supplier doesn't list anything for this motor. I'm sure that D.A.R.E. can get parts but i have heard he's not reliable at all.
The vision that I have for my Tec is a billet rod, cam, stiffer springs, bigger valves, slide carb, port, polish, higher compression, billet flywheel and a different ignition????. The only thing that I have is a Mikuni slide carb from my Suzuki LT230.
I am a machinist and have all the equipment to make a few of the parts. Stuff like the cam and rods and maybe the valves I'd like to buy.
I know that many people will tell me to buy a briggs or a star, but where is the fun in that.
One last thing. How well balanced should the rotating assembly be on these small motors? +/_ 2 grams?
Sorry for the long post, and thanks in advance!

J.

Hey J

You will be happy with the H70. Good choice on the engine. If your going all out you should check the bore and put in a new set of rings. As for the parts. I dont know of anybody making performance parts for the H70. But i do have some tricks up my sleeve. I found that the H70 rod is the same part # as the HM80. The HM 80 has the same crank journal, and stroke of a Star. Ive put a Star rod in my friends HM80 and it worked fine. Ive been thinking about building a fast H70 someday. So just get a Star rod, and star springs. As for the cam Brandt (ruppparts) just built a fast H70. I sent him out a 285 lift H50 motorsports cam that he used. I didnt get an update on it, but im sure he will chime in.

Josh

Butts

Thanks guys. Sorry I couldn't post back sooner, I'm re-finishing my hardwood floors. Very time consuming.
Hey Josh, curious about that cam. Where can I get one, and how much more lift is it over stock. Also, where is the cheapest place to get Star rod and springs.
Thanks alot for the replys.
Oh Yeah, how well should these motors be balanced.