Found A Tecumseh HH60 - Need Help

This is my first time ever messing with a big block tec engine. I found this HH60 at a junkyard and got it free. It has a broken connecting rod. How do I get the side cover off this one? I have taken all the bolts out and the 2 little nuts by crank and it wont come off - It comes apart about 2mm and thats it. Or is this another one with the stupid snap ring under the seal?

Also could anybody identify what year this is? It looks pretty old. Here is the numbers from the engine: HH60-105090E SER 5083D

On a good note the cylinder looks great and so do the valves, It dont look like its been run alot but has sat for sometime.

guyw

That crank is nasty - I'd polish the rust off it and clean it as well as possible before I drug the crank bearing surface over it....

Thanks guys - I read somewhere on here that the HH60 had a ball bearing crank so it should have the circlip :doah: Is the HH60 cast iron block just a beefed up version of the H60? Not sure what I wanna do with it yet.

that engine has no ball brg and no snap ring...side cover slides right off.....rust and muck on crankshaft is keeping it from coming off. As said above....polish rust off crank before sliding cover off

that engine has no ball brg and no snap ring...side cover slides right off.....rust and muck on crankshaft is keeping it from coming off. As said above....polish rust off crank before sliding cover off

:thumbsup: I haven't messed with it yet, I'm curious to see the condition of the crank.