front wheel/tire wobble ?

My buddy and I both have DB's and each of our bikes has a weird wobble to the front tire. If you hold the forks up and spin the tire you can see it wavering. It looks like it might be a defectively manufactured rim. Anyone else notice this or is it the tire and not the rim ?

Chances are good your tire isn't on the rim perfectly. Mine does the same thing...and others will likely concur. That being said, my tire seems to wear evenly.

Its not like a car rim/tire where specifications and tolerances are much smaller/tighter.

twerkd

are u running ht e stock tire? i had the same feeling on mine then i purchased a 4.5 with tire same as the rim and now its smooth

Thanks for the replies ! These are the stock oem tires.

Joe - I am hoping you are correct. My next question is - if the tire is not mounted correctly, I assume we should break the bead and reseat them. Or, should we soap up the bead/rim interface and over pressure the tire to push the beads fully out ?

Your thoughts ?

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it - its a mini bike - no matter how hard you try, you likely will never eliminate the wobble. Manufacturers are a little relaxed with their tolerances and these chinese beasts are no different! As long as its not vibrating you off the bike and the tire is holding air.

You could break the bead and move the tire around the rim half way, changing its position, then seal the beads again. That may help some.

My little speed wobble doesn't bother me too much and it doesn't seem to cause the bike to rattle excessively at 40mph!!:thumbsup: