Gasket Question

I stripped my Briggs 4hp engine down to clean/paint it and in the process destroyed the gasket that goes between the carb and the gas tank. I figured it'd also be a good time to replace the block to carb gaskets (there are two of them.. one large and one cut to the side of the carb manifold). Assuming I can't source them at the local mower shop I'd be making replacements but I'm not sure what materials to use. The gas tank to carb one appeared to be a paper style gasket but conventional wisdom says not to use paper style gaskets if they are exposed to gasoline. The other gaskets are a paper/rubber material. The local autozone stocks both a paper/rubber style and cork/rubber gasket material. Should I go with the cork material (reccomended for anything thats exposed to gasoline) or with the rubber/paper one? Should I use gasket sealer?

Those gaskets are still available, at least where i live, either tecumsa, or briggs, and I'd recomend using the right ones, especially the gas tank to carb, they don't cost much and they don't leak if you can't find them, send mod and serial, type #'s and I'll see if I can get them for you, live less than a mile from a shop, and there all the time!!!:thumbsup:

Thanks guys! I'll swing by the shop first thing tomorrow. They have been great for parts in the past so hopefully they'll pull through again. If nothing else I'll drop you guys a line.