general help... please read..

Hi my name is Skyler and I am looking for a website that sells aftermarket parts for our little mini bikes. I am new to mini bikes, and I own a Tecumseh (I think that is how you spell it) 3.5 horse power engine, and I want to add and or change some things to make it go a little faster I was thinking a new exhaust nothing special, I just want the bike to sound a little better (anyone know where I could buy one or get one made) and I was thinking about an aftermarket air filter and maybe a new racing carb. Now if I do all of this what else will have to be done to make sure it runs good. And what other things would you recommend I could do to make it go a little better, and remember I know a thing or two about a wrench but I am no wizard. Sorry about all the dumb A questions I am new to this.

A half inch plummin pipe will do the exhaust, You'll need and angled fitting to avoid the air filter. the biggest improvement is to take the Gov out. (See my thread on "It's alive". :thumbsup: My 3.5 tecumseh is fast.

also can anyone give me some sites they use to buy parts like and after market air filter, exchaust and other parts... i checked out this site (thanks for that) but they dont seem to really have what i am looking for

i looked at your thread but how do you really remove the governer and is it bad for the bike to remove it completly
I thought the instructions are there and it's bad if you over rev you engine but if you don't let people abuse your bike you should be fine. All headers should be strapped anyway and I have old engines that have had plumbing pipes on them for many years.

gto i found the instructions you were talking about sorry i did not see them at first, do you have an email or something were i can reach you because i am going to need more help as i do this. i kind of get how to dom this but i really do not want to mess anything up..

wolfgang......just raise the spring on your governor lever, that will bypass the governor in most all cases. Just be sure after moving the spring higher your carb is closed before starting the engine