green bug

delray

pick up a green doodle bug for only $100 and still had the plastic on the seat:thumbsup: bike was oil and gas already when i got it home. the guy said it would not move very well for him and just want to sell it for whatever he could get. the first thing that i notes when i drove it the bike move very slow and was running real lean? i crack the choke open about 1/4 open and then she took off.....:scooter: when i open it full the bike would just fall on her face:thumbdown: when i get time will have to look at the carb. it should be a easy fix. i did change the oil right away and man that factory oil did not look good and there was just enough to lube the engine:doah:maybe 1/4 of a cup of oil in it:doah:
my orange doodle bug with a header pipe and exhaust system and 80t rear sprocket runs 10x better then this stock green bike. i see why some of you guys buy one and have problems with the small engine not running right and just pull it off and install a 6.5 clone. thats another easy way of fixing the problem too and you get to go faster:thumbsup:..........:scooter:

What a deal... ! Where can you get even a rolling frame with so many possibilities (hydralic brakes, 6.5 motor, etc.) for $100.... You got a great deal... :thumbsup:
When you get everything perfect you should ride it by his house.... :scooter:

delray

well today i look at the carb:doah: first thing i did i pulled off the air cleaner and then pulled the bowl off:doah: bad news, first thing i see is rusty water and gas in the bowl. then i removed the fuel line from the carb and drain the gas. bad news there too. had brown gas coming out:doah: after the carb was drain i could look in side and see the rusty stain line that it left. inside the tank was easy to clean up. no real heavy rusty going on on side it. just a lite rusty stain. the tank also had a built in screen filter that i could unscrew from the bottom of the tank and clean. after totally cleaning out the fuel system and reassembly it all. i put some fresh gas in and it fired right up on the first pull. now it run's great:thumbsup:
here is some pic's of the rusty carp that came out of it:doah:

well today i look at the carb:doah: first thing i did i pulled off the air cleaner and then pulled the bowl off:doah: bad news,
hey delray, is that engine up for auction?? it's doing a weird# on the charts might want to move quick. i/k :wink: those stock dbs in the right hands are way
cool.

Last edited:

delray

no not for sale. keeping it stock for the kids to ride:scooter::scooter:
maybe gear it down little more for the adults to ride too:thumbsup:
i kind of like to keep it at low speeds when other people are riding my bikes on my land:thumbsup: