HS40 carb cleaning...

OldMan

Did you ever have one of those days where you head out to the shop, intending to do a thing, but once there you realize that before you do that thing, there is another thing you have to do... Then when you start on that other thing, you realize that a third thing has to be done, before you can do the thing you need to do before you start on the thing you came out to do... and then it just snow-balls from there until you look up and realize... you've spent the entire afternoon doing things, but never got around to the thing you came out to do?

Well, this afternoon was like that for me.... never got the carb off the HS40, but man, I am ready to take it off tomorrow!!! :biggrin:

OldMan

The old Tecumseh HS40 I recently acquired would fire right up, but would only run with the choke completely closed. I suspected a good carb cleaning would cure it and the advice I received confirmed this to be the best approach, so…….

Today, I finally got around to removing and cleaning the carb on the HS40:

It went smoothly, and I also replaced the very dirty air filter. Once reinstalled, the motor fired right up, and ran fine with the choke wide open.

I'm quite pleased!!! :scooter: