Junk day!!!

in my neck of the woods over here in good ole maine we have this magical day twise a year where rich dumb people through out all their "junk" and the trash guys come and pick it up over a series of day. In some places its know as heavy pick up day. same thing. you better bet ur last penny that ill be out there all day combing the streets. you wont believe the things people throw away. tillers with working engines that just need carb work. but nope to rich people they are "broke":thefinger:. i go nuts for this. and the spring one is the big one and im gonna have a feild day. i ususally pull stuff back to my house, rips the parts i want off and throw it back on the sidewalk. this year im looking for ANY engines, wheels, pullys, clutchs (have found em before on tillers) and then the occasional cool stuff. my friend once found a 1980ish 110cc dirt bike. totally working just the kick start was broken. he rode it for a year, he just jumped it every time he wanted to ride, then sold it for $400.

man im excitied!!!:thumbsup::thefinger:

Where in Maine? I know the state real well. Lived, worked, and hunted up there. My family owns a place in Wells. I might be interested in driving up and taking a peek. What day and town??

Together we stand-Divided we fall. Mini's forever!

Vaxian

Scavengers are cool!

I am definitely not too proud to root through other peoples garbage!
I have even been known to dive a few dumpsters in my day.

I have found engines that way, also love to go to scrap yards and save them from the crusher.

When I was in college my friend and I would go into the dorms after the kids left for the semester, we would get working computers, TV's, Stereos, rfridgerators, etc. Ritch mommy and daddy buy it, they would rather toss it than carry it home. We'd take it straight to the pawn shop and party like hell for weeks. Bought a car that way too.