'Lil Indian ID

Hey Tom, I looked at you web site. I see we appreciate the same things. I love that Gray Marine motor! Looks like it idles at about 100 rpm. I couldn't hear how much horsepower it has. I see you race flat track and Super Moto. You probably know Joe Kopp? I am sorta friends with him and he is a heck of a guy. My hero. Retired this year with the #3 plate for half mile on a Ducati. I collect old outboards, but mostly Mercs. I have a 30H. I used to have a few 1930's race outboards, but sold them. I think they are under appreciated artwork.
Joe and I were on the same race track at the same time once, but it would be a stretch to say we were actually racing each other. Old outboards are cool. My dad had a Merc just like the one in this pic. Neat looking and a good runner, but it's long gone. Another one of those things that I wish I still had.

Hey Tom, looks like a Merc KG4. Very collectible. They are cheap to buy, but cost a bunch of money to restore. Like anything else, they are never worth what you have into them when they are done, but it sure is satisfying to see what you have accomplished.

Joe is a little aggressive. My friend has come close to winning him in local amateur races, but Joe always has a little more to pour on. The strange thing about him is that he never seems to ride the same bike. Sometimes he borrows a bike to race. Pretty amazing that he can win just about every race on a bike that he isn't used to. He has a sign in his shop that says "Nice guys don't finish last." Perfect.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone else too!

Mean Dean

Looks like a 67' LIl Indian to me. Has the rare 4" Aluminum mag. Foot peg is welded to the outside not the inside if it has not been replaced.It has the small forks. The thin triple trees. The later ones had the larger triple trees. The seat bracket has been replaced. Good looking frame.