Lil' Indian Sabre

Here it is as I received it from forum member oldsledz... Some surface rust, damage to frame, some extra goodies added in front and back of engine plate. First order of business was to tear it all down and blast the rusty spots and hard to reach areas and then remove the extras from the frame... I'm not sure if the front plate above the "foot peg pipe" was original or not, but it's off for now. Do you guys think I should fab up some kind of plate to put back in this area, at the very least to protect the motor from getting crap slung all over it?

Last edited:
After blasting with my Tractor Supply blaster I got for christmas (which doesn't work too bad by the way) I found a couple cracks at the welds on the engine plate. When I removed the extra pipe and plate from the front of the frame it revealed some holes that were burned through the tube when the last guy welded it on. I fired up the TIG and got to work on the cracked welds.

At this point I decided to start making some spacers for the axles. I had some old 1/2" pipe which slides over the 5/8" axles perfectly, so I cut some up, welded on some washers, squared it all up with the 2x72 grinder, and there you have it.

I've been getting the bike together and testing it all mechanically before I strip it down and paint it. In the process the throttle cable broke inside the grip, don't ask me how, but it did. I could have spent $5 and got another cable, but where's the fun in that?:smile: Instead, I made a mold out of a couple 1/4" pieces of scrap and cast a new barrel end on the wire! The first one I did out of lead, which was too soft and couldn't take the pressure. The second one was done with aluminum which worked like a charm. Just don't heat the wire up too much or the steel will be ruined.