Manco chopper

kbs8ball

I thought I was gonna be able to ride it today but the diaphram carb was stopping me. it starts it just wont stay running at idle...it check it out tomorrow.

kbs8ball

anyone know about these carbs?? its a lausen..I got new parts for it but still its giving me a hard time. which screw is which?? i assume the smaller one is the idle mixture...thats the one closer to the choke.

Your chopper looks fantastic. Wish I knew what to tell you on the screws.Did you take the screws out and clear the passages with air? If you did, did you take out the diaphram first? You should be able to tell which is which if you pull the diaphram and see which hole blows by which screw and where it comes out near the butterfly. I have one on my Bonanza chopper that doesn't work to well either. I'm going to try a rebuild with a good diaphram, gaskets, etc. If that doesn't work It will get a 19mm slide carb. So much easier to deal with.

get a haircut and get a real carb! just kidding, can you swap it out with a different tecumseh carb? i think i have one. let me know if you wanna try one out.

kbs8ball

Damn this CARB !!! its still pissing me off....I think im just gonna get a new bowl type carb and call it a day.. heres a better pic...still need foot peg covers, a different color fuel line and a band brake assembly...I just wanna ride the damn thing.

kbs8ball

I took the carb apart again...this time I put some glasses on and closely examined it. looks like someone switched the 2 mixture screws around...so I fliped em around and put it back on...fired up first pull. NOW im ridin this bitch !!!! just gotta go put the chain on.

kbs8ball

Just took it for a spin...the 4 hp tecumseh is a bit much for this small chopper. runs good though!!!! that motor has a lighting coil...I may just throw it on ebay for 500 :lol:

I'm glad you posted about the 4hp being a little much. I was planning to use a HS50 on my Bonanza chopper, and it's a little lighter than yours. I guess I'll go with a 3.5 instead. The seat looks good after you added the rest of the parts.:thumbsup: