MM 212 Tilly - Nibbi carb tuning ...help

First off new to the site! Ok...so I have a Tilly, stage 2 and have a 24mm Nibbi slide nd I'm struggling to get it running well. It wants to bog/sputter at low throttle input. I peg it wide open and it tears off good. My son have a mikuni on a predator dyno'd at 105 and he said it started to miss at 110 main jet. So I've tried mine at 105, 108 110 and now 115. I have a 40 pilot in now and have tried a 38 also. tried needle on all 5 positions and does not seem to help. Mainly I'm having trouble finding if it's rich or lean as I'm newer to carb tuning. Anyone have similar setup and can help me with a setting to try. I feel it's maybe my pilot that's giving me issue but not sure. Any tips or help would be appreciated!

Minimichael

Go to 110 main, 40 pilot, and raise the needle as far up as she'll go. Oh and turn your air screw in to richen... raise the slide a couple hairs if you have to make up for lost air.

Alternatively, start by posting a pic of your plug.

Last edited:
Go to 110 main, 40 pilot, and raise the needle as far up as she'll go. Oh and turn your air screw in to richen... raise the slide a couple hairs if you have to make up for lost air.

Alternatively, start by posting a pic of your plug.
I'll get some pics of the plug monday when I'm off work. I'll try your setup but believe I had it around there but a 108 main. I'll give it a go THANKS!

Minimichael

My blind guess is that your needles too lean and you've got to raise it to help get gas flowing earlier. Nibbi venturi's are wide and the slides are short. My experience was that they let in a ton of air at early throttle.

MJL

I'll get some pics of the plug monday when I'm off work. I'll try your setup but believe I had it around there but a 108 main. I'll give it a go THANKS!
Did you ever get it running well? I just tuned mine for a mild 196cc and ended up with a 130 main and a 50 pilot (neither included, had to buy separately).